McCormick & Company, Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor and seasonings industry, is seeking a full time Account Manager I supporting our US Flavor Solutions business. This new hire will work out of their home office located on the East Coastand will require monthly travel to Brand Aromatics Lakewood, NJ office. The Account Manager will report to a Sales Director.
With more than $4 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer “ To Stand Together for the Future of Flavor”. Our Vision: A World United by Flavor-where healthy, sustainable, and delicious to hand in hand.
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
The Account Manager I will secure new growth opportunities at existing and new customers by actively soliciting and managing fully qualified product development projects. This position will build cross functional partnerships within the Purchasing, Product Development, Commercialization, Supply Chain, Quality, Marketing and Finance organizations both internally and externally at each account. The Account Manager will manage annual product and pricing reviews and maximize profitability at each account.
- Develop and execute a strategic business plan to drive sales and profit growth at strategic customers to meet/exceed annual and long-term sales growth and profitability goals.
- Direct the strategic sales effort to win and maintain business within the North American savory ingredient space.
- Maintain an active and robust sales pipeline and provide sales input into demand planning to optimize forecast accuracy
- Identify opportunities to profitably drive growth and increase McCormick's customer flavor solutions market share.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product Development, Finance and Supply Chain teams to drive/capitalize on sales opportunities.
- Network and build relationships at functional and senior leadership levels at key customers to build customer intimacy between McCormick and our customers and position McCormick to take advantage of new sales opportunities.
- Cross functionally develop materials & presentations for customer presentations on MKC's role as a trusted and valued partner
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Food Science or another related field
- 3-5 years food industry sales experience or sales experience in an adjacent industry with a similar selling environment.
- Working knowledge of technical aspects of products, i.e. nomenclature, applicability within customer's manufacturing process, substitution choices, new discoveries, etc.
- Developed and demonstratable critical thinking skills and business acumen
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience successfully managing projects and programs
- Strong teamwork skills with experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- The ability to travel to both external customers and McCormick facilities up to 50% of the time.
- Food manufacturing experience highly preferred
- Savory ingredient experience a plus
- SAP experience
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.