We are: RTOWN is a leading performance marketing agency that was founded in Vancouver in 2013. RTOWN serves growing SMB’s across North America and partners with the leading brands in franchising, e-commerce, RV fleet rental businesses and various other sectors that are at a place in their journey where digital strategy and execution is a must for their growth dreams to come true. Our purpose is to help SMBs succeed. We are an extension of teams to ~150 businesses today who rely on RTOWN to market their business through the latest digital marketing software & services that combine to drive measurable return on investment to every customer. RTOWN has grown from a start-up to a significant competitor in the performance marketing market where, in 2017, Business in Vancouver named us a Top 15 Largest Media and Digital Agencies in BC. Through 2020, RTOWN has more than doubled its recurring revenues with ~40% of our growth coming from existing customers who increased their spend given the results they were obtaining through our work. This is a company on a significant growth trajectory looking for the next business development executive who will help put more wind in our sails.
You are: a business development executive with experience and passion in the digital marketing space. The successful candidate will be expected to primarily work with prospective and existing customers to drive new customer acquisition from ideal-fit customers who will be assured of outcomes that we promise to every customer that ultimately leads to long-term customer retention and raving fans of our brand.
For RTOWN, the successful candidate will provide:
- Strategic prospecting and new account acquisition
- The ability to hold the confidence of C-level business leaders to drive digital adoption of RTOWN’s functioning (and always improving) performance marketing products (search, social, conversion-rate optimization, website development, e-commerce development, etc)
- Ability to adapt to rapid change, think critically, communicate effectively and anticipate challenges to come for strategic accounts and advise RTOWN on changes needed to meet the changing needs of our customers
- Hold themselves accountable to short and long-term objectives – primarily set around revenue growth, customer outcomes and customer experiences.
- Tactical and strategic knowledge of the digital marketing stack (websites, search, social media), but not a “doer” of these functions. An expert in articulating their value and how they help SMBs succeed.
- Functionally accountable for two primary areas:
- Customer Acquisition: new revenue growth, revenue retention, and up-selling
- Customer Success: customer ROI + retention * Exemplary leadership skills, with no need to manage direct reports. A champion of the company AND the customer. Knows how to instill purpose and meaningful work for their teammates around them. A positive team player who provides feedback and coaches their peers to improve. They are also open to receiving it without ego.
A passion for:
- Customer success and helping SMBs win
- Working in a team, sharing knowledge and helping grow the company and the customers they build trust with
- Lifelong learning * Be: humble + smart + happy + have deep integrity
- References that will speak to all of these qualities
From RTOWN, the successful candidate can expect:
- Competitive Base Salary + Variable Compensation
- Benefits plan
- A company culture aligned around purpose + core values
- Freedom + transparency + accountability + lifelong learning + deep integrity
- Daily huddles + quarterly Town Halls + annual all-company retreats
- A team of A-players
Job Type: Full-time (Remote)
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent
Salary: $50,294.00-$114,117.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Business Sales Environment: 3 years (required)
- digital marketing domain or agency environment: 1 year (required)