CLINICAL PROGRAMMER ANALYST III
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. is looking for extraordinary people to join our team!
Why join MedImpact? Because our success is dependent on you; innovative professionals with top notch skills who thrive on opportunity, high performance, and teamwork. We look for individuals who want to work on a team that cares about making a difference in the value of healthcare.
At MedImpact, we deliver leading edge pharmaceutical and technology related solutions that dramatically improve the value of health care. We provide superior outcomes to those we serve through innovative products, systems, and services that provide transparency and promote choice in decision making. Our vision is to set the standard in providing solutions that optimize satisfaction, service, cost, and quality in the healthcare industry. We are the premier Pharmacy Benefits Management solution!
The Clinical Programmer Analyst III provides analytical, Oracle SQL and PL/SQL development, Visual Basic programming, and technical support services used for the sale and delivery of clinical trend management products and programs and Clinical Analytics services to MedImpact internal customers, clients and prospects. This position serves as a primary liaison between Clinical Services and Analytics and MedImpact Information Technology staff and is an expert in a variety of desktop and server-based database query tools. This position partners in the development of clinical management programs and clinical analytic services that support the goals of the Clinical Services and Analytics department.
What You Get To Do: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Utilizes advanced analytic and programming skills to measure savings and client ROI for clinical trend management products used for pricing and savings guarantee development. Works with Sales and Account Management to measure client performance in relation to savings guarantees targets
- Utilizes Oracle SQL and PL/SQL, SAS, TOAD/Golden 32, IBM Cognos, Visual Basic, Python, Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, and MedAccess skills to enhance the functionality and diversity of trend management programs. Activities include obtaining requirements, constructed complex queries, testing, and evaluation of logic to measure the performance of clinical management programs, formulary, utilization management edits, and benefit design parameters, to answer business questions related to Client’s current performance, and forecasted performance based upon recommendations we would offer
- Serves as a subject matter expert and resource to Clinical Services and Analytics staff in developing analytic approaches, queries, and reports to answer complex clinical and utilization management questions often delivered to clients as a part of fee based consultative services
- Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs
- Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems
- Consults with internal customers to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use programs
Education and/or Experience
For consideration candidates will need a
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in information technology/computer science that includes programming, analytics, and IT development
- Candidates should have two (2) to five (5) years job related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and job-related experience
- Experience in managing large data sets utilizing relational database management systems including Oracle, SAS, MS Access, SQL Server, Python, IBM Cognos
- Hands-on experience in writing complex SQL queries involving multiple tables joins, sub-queries/nested queries, unions, and aggregate functions
- Solid PL/SQL programing skills and good knowledge of Oracle Relational Database Management System
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite products, Visual Basic, and SAS is a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
- Able to build complex multi-table queries, forms, reports, macros, and computer code to support various reporting products and programs
- Strong analytical abilities
- Experience with analyzing healthcare claims and other related healthcare data is a plus
This position requires no travel however attendance maybe required at various local conferences and meetings.
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Wellness Programs
- Paid Time Off / Company Paid Holidays
- 401K with Company match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
To explore all that MedImpact has to offer, and the greatness you can bring to our teams, please submit your resume to www.medimpact.com/careers
MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers, and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.