Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
As an App Innovation Specialist, you will be a senior solution sales leader within our enterprise sales organization working with our most important customers selling entire Microsoft Apps portfolio. You will lead orchestrating a virtual team of Cloud Solution Architects, partners and other resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed sales and usage/consumption targets for Application Innovation related workloads in your assigned accounts. You will be a trusted advisor and a cloud application development subject matter expert.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
- Create “buy-in” vision with the Apps Decision Makers
- Take active role in defining and influencing the customer’s business challenges and opportunities.
- Understand the financial, qualitative and competitive drivers impacting customer business.
- Create “buy-in” vision and gain sponsorship by generating excitement around Microsoft solutions value.
- Map out customer’s current and desired state and expectations
- Identify customer’s digital transformation needs, business drivers, their perspective, and concerns.
- Collaborate effectively with the customers to outline their business problems, opportunities.
- Establish and understand the buying decision criteria and timeline to make decision regarding the solution.
- Establish credibility and trust by demonstrating that Microsoft solutions not only solve customer business problems but also the value they realized.
- Lead the solution design by assembling and orchestrating Sales & technical resources.
- Proficient in delivering Microsoft Apps vision, strategy, value to C-level and Apps Decision Makers
- Orchestrate the technical experts to create the solution, validate it via Proof of Concept, and showcase how it meets customer business and technology requirements.
- Able to handle customer objections and competitive differentiation.
- Substantiate the value of the solution (commercial discussion)
- Building business cases with TCO analysis and negotiate a deal that’s based on value by leveraging various MS offers and programs.
- Secure customer commitment for the business proposal.
- Drive Sales Excellence
- Drivethe App Innovation business to overachieverevenue, consumption and scorecardtargets.
- Maintain excellence in pipeline management, accuracy of sales forecast, and deal close plans.
- Lead with subject matter expertise and be the Voice of the customer.
- Influence the Microsoft Application Innovation go to market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on product requirements and sales blockers.
- Stay sharp, attaining and maintaining required certifications. We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness. You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership and leadership from every employee.
- Experienced. Experience with selling cloud services or application development services to large/global enterprise customers with a focus on cloud application development preferred
- Account Management. Effective territory/account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, services/partner engagement, opportunity management and pipeline management preferred
- Executive Presence. Experience and expertise selling to LOB decision makers, technical decision makers & enterprise solution architects by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria preferred
- Problem Solver. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies, specifically solutions related to cloud native apps – containers & serverless, microservices, developer tools and DevOps, low code, migration to cloud preferred
- Collaborative. Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence preferred
- Technicalpassion. Passion for and experience with App Migration/Modernization to cloud, architecture designs and technology management. Experience with one or more of the following: preferred
- Scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. AKS, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift etc.), microservice frameworks etc.
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub). preferred
- Understanding of Data & AI technologies in context of app development (e.g. SQL and NoSQL Databases, Big Data, Cognitive Service, Machine Learning etc.). preferred
- Understanding of Low code platform and technologies such as Power Platform. preferred
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred
- Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Certification in the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub), Low Code (Power Platform). Preferred
- Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.