Job Title: Director of SalesFLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Hotel - SalesBenefits Level: Mgmt
Reports To: General ManagerApproved Date: October 2008
Oversees the sales of the products and services of the hotel, banquet and restaurant. Supervises sales department employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in preparation of annual budget and oversees development and implementation of marketing plans and action plans, development of special promotions or packages, and ideas to build occupancy.
- Tracks activities of the competition and the market and the hotel's position in the market and communicate significant changes to General Manager and Director of Operations.
- Participates in industry and civic organizations to promote business opportunities.
- Leads sales department meetings.
- Makes solicitation and service calls in person, through mail/email, and by telephone on assigned accounts to promote and sell hotel, banquet and restaurant facility space and services.
- Makes solicitation calls to potential new accounts. Responds to inquiries from customers, prospective clients and the corporate office.
- Prepare proposals and confirmations for group bookings, conducts tours of the property with prospective customers.
- Informs other departments of upcoming events and works with them to ensure proper planning throughout the property.
- Maintains and uses the accounts tracing system/database and customer account files to generate future business. Ensures proper use of all KHC computer systems.
- Follows company credit and deposit policies when booking business.
- Prepares sales reports and records sales calls and activities as required.
- Monitors guest satisfaction through follow-up surveys, thank you cards and calls.
- Meets and/or exceeds individual quantitative revenue and production goals set forth by the General Manager.
- Compliance with Human Resource policies and procedures as outlined in HR Administration & Operations Guide.
- Timely processing of invoices and follows all purchasing policies.
KHC POLICIES: Responsible for following all KHC policies and procedures as set forth in the KHC handbook and property specific guidelines/standards. These policies include dress code, safety and performance standards. Employees must also maintain a professional image and report to work as scheduled.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises 1-4 employees in the Sales Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; monitoring and appraising work performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college and 3-5 years experience; or Bachelors Degree and one to two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general accounting reports, policies & procedures, and instructions. Ability to read and implement safety policies & procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to complaints or inquiries from groups of managers, customers, employees and general public. Ability to communicate clearly in person, by telephone and in writing.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to understand, interpret and utilize accounting concepts such as general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, purchasing, night audit, cash handling and budget development / management.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical, formula or procedural form and deal with several abstract variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:Franchise specific certification if required by the franchise of the business unit. Must have valid drivers license and proof of insurability.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, grasp or type; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or twist; smell; and to push, pull or lift over 10 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and various types of driving conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ACCOMODATION: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT: Must be able to handle a crisis in a calm, effective manner. This includes upset guests, fire, tornado, armed robbery and assault, bomb threats and accidents.
Brand: Best Western
Address: 4309 Main Street Kansas City, MO - 64111
Property Description: 392 Best Western
Property Number: 392