Wenger Corporation is a privately held, leading manufacturer of high-quality music education, performing arts and athletic products. From the pride our sales teams have in representing a world-renown product, to the engineers that bring our next innovation to the stage, to the marketing focus on our three brands: Wenger, JR Clancy, and GearBoss. We are looking for people that have a passion for sales whether you come from a music, performing arts, or athletic background, or are simply looking for an opportunity to bring your particular expertise to an exciting industry, Wenger Corporation provides something rarely found in other customer centric organizations: A chance to put your passion to work.
Are you hungry to sell reputable products within a solid company? Are you able to develop relationships quickly and assertively execute sales? If so, Wenger Corporation has a great opportunity for you!
Wenger Corporation is actively seeking a Strategic Account Representative who resides in/or near Iowa, Missouri, or Kansas. A Strategic Account Representative is responsible to proactively pursue all direct sale opportunities in key strategic markets, while maximizing sales in new construction, renovation, remodel and addition projects, pursue new business development, and achieve goals related to key or strategic product introductions and targeted promotions. This position's territory includes: IA, MO, and KS.
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- A good work ethic and a coachable mentality
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in sales
- Willingness to travel 30% in-market, includes trade shows
- Are a competitive team player
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with all types of people and situations
What you will do on a typical day:
- Traveling in market to assist customers to specify, design, quote and close in order to maximize the Wenger solution
- Working with a dynamic group of customers which may include district business and bond offices, construction departments, end users, interior designers and dealers.
- Educating and presenting to this group of customers to understand the full line of Wenger products, including athletic solutions, to maximize the value proposition.
- Project pursuit with active construction/renovation projects into the primary markets include K-12 educations, College/Universities, and Worship
- Attending and representing Wenger at trade shows within defined geography
- Maintaining all bid activity within defined geography (district & regional)
- Actively pursuing new customers that have not previous purchased from Wenger
- Maintaining a knowledge of competitive environments and the ability to position Wenger as the best solution
- Establishing, documenting and maintaining a strong, qualified customer database and sales funnel
- Taking coaching well and following a defined selling process for new construction sales to maximize potential of assigned projects
- Working closely across sales teams to leverage relationships and insights to achieve goals
- Selling and hitting defined sales objectives
Benefit offerings include:
- Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Profit Sharing
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Spending Accounts – HSA, FSA, DCFSA
- Company Paid Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sales Incentive Plan
Put your passion to work in an exciting, rewarding industry that inspires innovation today!
Wenger Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All Qualified Candidates are Encouraged to Apply
Job Type: Full-time