As a Field Sales Manager, you will be directly responsible for leading a high-performing sales team in the San Jose market. You will assist in the development of the team by handling issues with experience and tact and by progressively and proactively driving sales results, and managing development and performance issues.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Driving strategy and delivering results:
- Managing a Team: Prepare development plans for employees. Ensure the team is trained and has resources to do the job. Coach and provide feedback to employees. Deliver high potential sales representatives for future management roles.
- Develop customer, supplier, and vendor relationships: Enhance manager relationships with key contacts by providing superior service and operational excellence. Implement effective and practiced techniques for solving problems.
Effectively communicate with all levels (supplier, customer, vendor). Attend reviews and meetings. Increase management presence at customer accounts in order to achieve access to decision-makers.
- Data and reports: Use data and analysis to make recommendations to the team and to management. Responsible for budgeting and planning. Take the next step as a key player in implementing process improvement based on data.
- Leadership: Act as a leader in the branch. Instill vision and create enthusiasm to achieve goals.
What We Are Looking For:
- College degree or equivalent experience and training
- 6-8 years experience managing a (regional) sales team
- Thorough understanding of the distribution
- Knowledge and understanding of electronic component sales, product knowledge of line cards, and ability to sell. Demonstrated ability to deliver on a strategic initiative.
- Ability to see the complexity of business decisions and predict possible outcomes to identify the best course of action.
- Experience setting up complex engagements and plans.
Proven ability to manage a team to success
- Knowledge of P & L concepts
- Ability to travel regionally up to 30%
- Ability to build a pipeline of sales talent for the future
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $200,000.00 - $300,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- One location