Parts & Service Center Manager
Wednesday, July 7, 2021
Morgan Truck Body, LLC is the largest manufacturer of medium duty freight and refrigerated van and truck bodies in North America. Founded in 1952, as a small welding shop in Morgantown, Pennsylvania, on the site where Conestoga wagons were manufactured through the late 1800s, we have experienced tremendous growth and continue to look for additional expansion opportunities around the world. With a total of fourteen manufacturing and six service facilities strategically located across the U.S. and Canada, Morgan is able to provide the quality, service, and prompt delivery our customers expect.
- Maintain an accident free facility by ensuring that all team members adhere to OSHA Standards and company processes and procedures. This includes tool safety, good housekeeping practices as well as continuous safety training. Ensure that each shift starts with a brief safety message and physical stretching exercises.
- Maintain a task list that will ensure the order and cleanliness of the main shop and paint department. The shop must be cleaned daily at the end of the shift. In addition, the shop must achieve and maintain a 5S standard of cleanliness.
- Cultivate a good working relationship with your team members by your example and guiding principles of Morgan’s Leadership Behaviors.
- Maintain security in the Parts & Service areas.
- Ensure that Customer requirements are communicated and met. Notify the customer immediately of any discrepancy, changes or issues that arise.
- Improve communication with internal and external customers by development and maintenance of systems reporting.
- Actively pursue new customers for both parts and service
- Conduct feedback sessions with current customers in order to continually improve customer relationships. Both negative and positive feedback presents opportunities.
- Maintain systems to achieve the revenue and profitability of the site.
- Ensure targeted gross margins are met, in sales and freight delivery.
- Review all work orders and verify hours and materials quoted for each operation. Once complete, approve all service quotes prior to submission to the customer.
- Ensure that all work orders are reviewed with the assigned tech prior to starting the job in the shop, making sure the tech understands the quoted hours and repair.
- Work with the service staff daily to schedule all units into the shop and revise as needed during the day.
- Perform quality checks on all completed units with the tech and sign off on the work order that all work has been done in accordance with the work order.
- Ensure that work order meets the quoted labor and material amounts during the process.
- Establish process to follow parts orders taken & orders shipped within 24 / hours. Appoint designated parts pullers responsible to do so with suitable back up.
- Assist in the training of the estimator / coordinator or regional sales representative, to achieve accurate and timely estimates and pursuit of parts and repair sales.
- Reduce excess and obsolete inventory. Achieve and maintain targeted inventory levels and turns.
- Ensure that targeted cycle counts are performed to achieve inventory accuracy targets. Countermeasures must be put in place where targets are not met.
- Assist with the annual physical inventory for Parts and Service Department.
- Ensure the level of inventory on hand is at levels to meet the needs of our Customer for both repair work and parts sales.
- Maintain process for NCR returns & document the outcome monthly showing credits back to the department or reason for denial of credit.
- Work with Purchasing to turn small items to free stock where possible (nuts & bolts)
- Assist Vice President of Parts & Service in working with finance to learn the correct method to present capital requests for major needs & train a backup for same. Prepare & submit capital requests in a timely manner.
- A/R (collecting money for parts orders): Target: to be processed in accordance with accounting’s terms of payments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree preferred
- Previous experience managing a repair facility
- Minimum 5 years of experience in collision repair and parts sales
- Sales experience for service and parts
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- Working knowledge of Profit and Loss financial reports
- Understanding of basic credit and collection
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines; excellent organizational skills
- Team player
Special Application Instructions:
- Click the link below to complete our pre-employment assessment (approximately 30 minutes or less).
- After completing the pre-employment assessment, come back to this job posting and click the Apply button to complete our online application where you can also submit a resume.
- After completing your online application, your pre-employment assessment results and application/resume will be more thoroughly reviewed and you may be contacted for a personal interview.
In addition, new team members will be eligible to participate in the service commission plan, prorated back to your effective date, and reviewed each year by the Executive team.
- Job Family
Morgan Truck Body
- Job Function
- Pay Type