E. H. Wachs, an Illinois Tool Works Company, is a recognized world leader in the manufacture and distribution of field machining and valve exercising equipment. www.ehwachs.com.
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com.
Includes but is not limited to selling company products and services by interaction with new and established customers. Position is also responsible for development of new prospects within a geographically limited territory.
Essential Job Functions:
- Accomplish defined sales goals within a given territory.
- Demonstrate products with application knowledge.
- Interact with customers, inside sales staff, engineering, purchasing, production and quality to ensure customer requirements are understood and problems are resolved.
- Ensure capability/capacity exists to meet customer requirements.
- Perform contract review and bid specifications approvals.
- Required to adhere and comply with state and federal law, the ISO Quality program and procedures, and the safety program.
- Represent Wachs Utility Products at trade shows as designated.
- Ability to work remotely with limited supervision.
- Manage complex and long sales cycles.
- Operate and maintain all company equipment and assets.
- Ability to manage multiple sales/projects simultaneously
- 3-5 years of sales experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree or 4 year military experience preferred.
- Very strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Be able and willing to travel on an as need basis. Travel can consist of multiple weeks, often consecutive on the road. Travel is estimated at 75%.
- Possess strong sales ability. This is a solution selling approach.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to troubleshoot on site.
- Complete training provided by EH Wachs in order to possess broad knowledge of the company’s product lines, services and marketing techniques.
- Computer literate
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to adjust to a changing work environment, competing demands, frequent changes, delays and unexpected events.
Physical Demand Category:
- Ability to lift and demonstrate heavy equipment safely
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the company.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.