Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank®, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients’ best interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Reporting to the Sales Support manager under the Client Experience and Sales Enablement business unit, the Retail Project Manager is responsible for mortgage sales support activities, project management and technology support for Home Loans. Identifies, prioritizes, and executes all activities required to develop and support the business line’s strategies, priorities, and special initiative projects.
40% - Project Management
- Work with various business partners within cross-functional project teams to identify and address business opportunities and challenges
- Analyze and present recommendations and findings
- Manage project development, planning and implementation in support of business line initiatives
- Coordinate efforts of multiple functional areas, monitor progress and make recommendations on workflow and timeliness to achieve completion of initiatives in a timely, cost effective and efficient manner
- Manage other high priority and confidential special projects as required by manager
15% - Analytics
- Identify trends and the impact to program goals and strategic plans and present analysis and interpretation of results to manager
- Conduct research and data analysis for ongoing initiatives and projects
- Assist in developing strategies and plans
- Prepare reports, interpret data, and provide weekly reports on programs for analysis and reporting
- Monitor initiative effectiveness by defining measurement criteria, tracking, and analyzing results against goals
30% - Partner Liaison and Communication
- Work with various business partners in execution and enhancement of activities to reach and exceed goals
- Prepare communications and presentations to be shared with business line executives and senior management
- Develop thorough communication plans for rollout and implementation of all projects and initiatives
15% - Additional Responsibilities
- Provide support and back up for complex projects within the business
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Requires 7+ years compliance, loan processing and/or underwriting experience in the mortgage lending industry
- Working experience in loan origination systems (Empower preferred), independent testing and BRD review
- Working experience in completing system validations after releases
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of federal, state, and regulatory rules, laws, regulations, underwriting guidelines and statutes relevant to the mortgage and/or lending industry.
- Working knowledge of loan processes and procedures for mortgage loans
- Decision Underwriting (DU) knowledge and proficiency is a must
- Strong knowledge in agency loan programs (VA, FHA)
- Knowledge and expertise to independently complete daily audits
- Requires ability to assess and make real-time decisions on loans to reduce future risk exposure
- Act as SME to lead problem resolution with Business Leaders and Technology in areas that will improve client experience, risk management, and department profitability
- Ability to lead and manage simultaneous projects on behalf of the Home Loans Division in to achieve goals and meet success criteria within a given time constraint
- Develop and deliver ad hoc training and provide resources outside of the scope of L&D on mortgage programs
- Strong analytical, verbal/written communication, and presentation skills
- Proficient in developing mass communications to the business line, which may also include presentations and recommendations to management
- Excellent managerial and leadership skills
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Highly developed ability to partner with other business lines
- High level of proficiency in all Microsoft Office products
- Ability to influence others and achieve business outcomes on time and within budget
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple tasks with concurrent deadlines
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.