Responsible for providing the necessary data reports and analytics for the Strategic Sourcing-Pharmacy team to evaluate the Drug Procurement process as it relates to contract compliance, targeted Drug Savings projects, and required data management, in order to share with all necessary customers i.e. Pharmacy Directors, Financial officers, and other Strategic Sourcing partners. Reports to Director Pharmacy- Strategic Sourcing.
- The Pharmacy Analyst will act as a full-time dedicated resource and will collect, organize and package pharmacy purchasing data effectively. The analyst will assist in the development of formal as well as informal presentations to be given to members within the Pharmacy community as well as other groups, as deemed appropriate. Additionally, the analyst will assist with project management activities while providing the necessary documentation on project status and follow up.
- The Pharmacy analyst will be able to utilize the various Drug Procurement tools,( i.e., Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) Tools; Drug Wholesaler tools) in order to provide timely monitoring reports, which focus on the ongoing Cost Savings initiatives. Additionally, the Pharmacy analyst will utilize the necessary tools in order to help identify potential opportunities for select targeted pharmaceuticals.
- The Pharmacy analyst will be able to review weekly Group Purchasing Reports/Newsletters in order to provide timely contracting updates to Pharmacy Buyers, and work with the Pharmacy Buyers to assure maximal efficiencies within the Drug Procurement process.
- The Pharmacy analyst will carry out routine monitoring of Drug Procurement data, in order to provide Pharmacy Buyers with non-clinical recommendations for assuring the procurement of the most cost-efficient pharmaceuticals from our Primary.
- The Pharmacy analyst will work closely with both the Director - Strategic Sourcing, and Contract Analyst to create the strategy necessary to bring value to Pharmacy Strategic Sourcing. This would include data manipulation, inflation rate analysis, drug utilization analysis in order to better serve the needs of the Pharmacy leadership and Supply Chain leadership.
- The Pharmacy analyst will take an active role in the weekly review of the Group Purchasing Organization s newsletter/bulletins in order to identify opportunities for improvement in procurement and contracting.
- Other duties as assigned which may include travel to MHS facilities.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- DESKTOP SOFTWARE: Uses desktop software programs to improve productivity and complete assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- ACCOUNTING - VARIANCE ANALYSIS: Provides accurate and detailed explanations of actual versus budget variances.
- ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with various audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation.
- ANALYSIS AND PLANNING - PHARMACY SUPPLY MGMT: Uses analytical and quantitative methods to research and predict supply chain patterns/trends. Develops operational and strategic plans that respond to organizational needs.
Education equivalent experience:
- Some experience and broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, engineering, computer sciences or similar vocations.
Complexity of Work: Much of the work being carried out by the Pharmacy Analyst is very direct and requires database manipulation (which include the use of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint) and report generation. The Pharmacy Analyst will need to have strong understanding with the analysis of data and information, interpretation of same, data collection, data file and table construction, and data cleansing. There will be more than enough time for the individual to think outside the box and brainstorm with the other team members. Team collaboration is a critical component for the successful candidate. Must be able to learn new tools as they become available for the day to day activities within the job expectations. Knowledge of standard purchasing procedures and practices. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Must have strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills and the ability to multitask.
Required Work Experience: Three (3) years of relevant experience.
- Keyboard Entry 80.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
- Sitting 80.00%
- Standing 80.00%
- Walking 80.00%
- Audible Speech 80.00%
- Hearing Acuity 80.00%
- Depth Perception 80.00%
- Distinguish Color 80.00%
- Seeing - Far 80.00%
- Seeing - Near 80.00%
- Computer Monitor 80.00%
Memorial Healthcare System, consisting of 6 acute care hospitals, a nursing home, outpatient facilities, home health services and physician practices, provides quality, comprehensive care to the residents of the surrounding communities. We invite you to join one of the nation's leading healthcare systems, recognized for use of advanced technology and clinical informatics.
Memorial Support Services provides a variety of business services to support our facilities. The main offices are located in Miramar with satellite offices located throughout our system.