If you enjoy selling products and/or services
If you are willing to learn in a fast paced environment that involves hunting and closing business clients
If you excel at building relationships
If you have an extensive network
If you have prior success in a commission environment with a monthly quota
If you are highly motivated and goal oriented self-starter
... We want to meet you!
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is the catalyst behind Global Payments Canada' success as an organization. The role of a Business Development Representative is to close sales of our business solutions with merchants throughout the area/province and country by setting appointments with business owners over the phone, face-to-face, through their network, and via referral partnerships.
- Targeting and developing sales opportunities.
- Delivering the sales quota, which includes managing sales cycles, conversion metrics, and a rolling sales pipeline.
- Managing partnerships (Associations, VARS, and other partner relationships).
- Prospecting and running dynamic sales presentations.
- Explaining our value proposition to clients.
- Closing sales of our payment processing services and software.
- Maintaining regular communication with the Division Manager.
- 1 year of outside sales experience. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success in the B2B sales environment.
- Ability to manage sales activities to ensure results remain consistent from one month to the next.
- Strong selling skills to close around objections.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to take charge and complete objectives.
- Entrepreneurial orientation, customer focus and strong work ethic.
- Pro-active thinker.
- Ability to develop "innovative approaches" to problem solving.
- Excellent prospecting, resourcefulness, communication, presentation and networking skills.
- Incentive-driven sales “hunter”.
- Professional demeanor and impeccable integrity.
- High sense of urgency and innate sales talent.
- Must enjoy cold-calling and speaking with people face to face.
- Experience dealing directly with small to mid-sized, local business owners and decision makers.
- Experience closing in a fast sales cycle.
- Experience in a performance based compensation model.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
Who are we?
Global Payments Inc. is a leading worldwide provider of payment technology services that delivers innovative solutions driven by customer needs globally. Our technologies, partnerships and employee expertise enable us to provide a broad range of products and services that allow our customers to accept all payment types across a variety of distribution channels in many markets around the world.
Our worldwide team of approximately 11,000 is helping customers achieve amazing results. It’s our passion for success that has led to years of out-performing the competition. Join us and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Our people come first - Being the partner of choice - Making it easy to do business with us - Being personally accountable - Ensuring a timely and consistent execution.
Why work at Global Payments?
Corporate citizenship is fundamental to our values. We offer real opportunities to grow professionally and believe in a collaborative, friendly work environment with a relaxed, casual dress code.
We offer competitive benefits such as health insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term disability coverage, life insurance plans, retirement savings programs, employee stock purchase program, employee assistance program, flexible working, tuition reimbursement program, gym membership corporate rates , volunteering opportunities ... and more!
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest. We will only contact those selected for an interview.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $40,000.00 per year
- Secondary School (preferred)
- B2B sales: 1 year (preferred)
- Driver's license (preferred)