Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
A Business Analyst (BA) possesses deep consultant skills, knowledge, and strong relationships with third party advisor companies. BA’s must have strong third-party advisor relationships, lead deal pursuit engagements, and drive winning opportunities leveraging previous experience that complements his/her intimate knowledge of a third-party consultant’s process templates and expectations.
BA’s work on engagements alongside the third-party advisor and the client during the contract stage by taking proposal attachments and exhibits and turning them into contract documents. The successful candidate is familiar with contracting processes and methodologies as well as the consultant’s contract structure. A BA’s knowledge of the entire contracting process and the contract structure end-product helps him/her during the proposal stage, as the response document would be crafted in a manner that can be quickly turned from a proposal document to a contract document.
The BA is a senior business level individual that supports pursuit team with executive leadership and is responsible for business development, deal solutioning and is focused on strategic positioning of Kyndryl / IBM offerings and services. He or she sources solutions and facilitates the efficient and effective market-level interaction between Kyndryl / IBM clients and the pursuit, solution, transaction, transition, transformation, and delivery teams.
The BA develops, collaborates, and writes proposal content for pursuit teams and develops exceptional client presentations. BA’s responsibilities are to lead highly interactive and trustworthy communications with key client staff and encourages open conversation to maximize this relationship.
The preferred candidate is collaborative, a critical thinker and enthusiastic with a commitment to excellence. A successful candidate must possess a combination of strategic thinking and drive to achieve tangible business results. This role requires exquisite attention to detail and successful candidates must be prepared to calibrate their work schedule to meet client and advisor deadlines.
Role Description Skills:
- Accelerate solution design, alignment, and client/provider stakeholder acceptance.
- Produce compelling deliverables to brief executives and pursuit teams.
- Business role with thought leadership and understanding of Third-Party Analyst best practices.
- Gathers and analyses data on topics such as competitor new and existing products and services, tactics, market share, market position and business opportunities; preparing reports to provide insight on these areas for sales and senior management.
- Develops compelling storylines on areas of focus supported by powerful written and visual material.
- Keeps up to date with activity and trends in relevant sectors and markets.
- Tests and evaluates competitors’ products, understand the strengths, weaknesses and communicate this in concise information to the pursuit team.
- Collates information from multiple sources to produce beneficial and actionable insight for the sales and pursuit teams.
- Assists technical engagement teams to develop the technical solution based on market competitive conditions and client requirements.
- Validates the technical solution and costs against client requirements and competitive conditions.
- Empathic listener and persuasive speaker with unmatched presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to test and evaluate products/ offerings / services to come to conclusion based on real world usage, rather than hearsay or marketing influenced communication will be an important part of this role
- Strong written communication skills as well as the ability to present information to groups of people will be needed to be successful in this role. Public speaking and briefing will be part of this role and a level of expertise in presenting will be required
- Communicate the competitive solution strategy to Management and technical engagement team
- Interface directly with Sales and Delivery Executive management
- Fix or escalate anything that stands in the way of winning
- Use creative break through thinking in dealing with complex situations
- Resolve and represent complex and difficult competitive analysis issues and customer requirements to Executives throughout Kyndryl / IBM
- Anticipate potential competitive market conditions and opportunity solutioning related problems
- Utilise refined techniques for identifying, eliminating, or mitigating competitive challenges
- As appropriate, challenge the validity of given procedures and processes with a view toward enhancement or improvement .
- Analyse information and situations and implement actions, independently and / or through the management team, to ensure competitiveness objectives are met.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A minimum of 8+ years deep consultant knowledge and relationship with third party advisor companies.
- 5+ years of experience in the computer industry with a broad knowledge of Hybrid Cloud Computing environment.
- Candidate has successfully gone to contract with third party advisors based on proposal submissions that the candidate has successfully completed.
- Competitive intelligence and market research experience.
- Experience analyzing client buying trends and budgetsStrong communication, analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives, and rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent customer relationship and customer presentation skills.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, coaching, analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Experienced, persuasive, and effective presenter, both written and verbal/
- Understanding and experience of the IT market and broader services market with the ability to practically apply market knowledge.A driver who possesses the ability to take actions and develop effective solutions in a timely manner.
- A creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on as well as detail-orientedA team player and builder, receptive to ideas from others. Shares information and keeps team members and partners informed. Works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with a diverse work force.
- Highest level of professional integrity and honesty, as well as personal credibility
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Applicable industry certifications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong bilingual English and French language flue.
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Key Job Details Country/Region:CA State:ONTARIO City:Markham Category:Technical Specialist Required Education:Bachelor's Degree Position Type:Professional Employment Type:Full-Time Contract Type:Regular Company:(0026) IBM Canada Limited – IBM Canada Limitee Req ID:422761BR Travel Required:No Travel