Workstream (www.workstream.us) transforms the way deskless workers work, starting from automating their hiring and onboarding workflows. We help companies to streamline the hiring process with workflow automation, SMS communication and machine learning. Our clients include Jamba Juice, McDonald's, Westin, Marriott, Uber, Subway, Dunkin', Panera Bread, Coupa Cafe, Sightglass Coffee, Equator Coffee and more.
We are a team from Stanford, MIT, Google, Y Combinator, Harvard, Cornell, Yelp, Qualtrics, Glassdoor, WeChat and more and are backed by investors including Peter Thiel's Founders Fund, Charles River Ventures, Basis Set Ventures, CEO Zoom, CEO DoorDash, Peterson Ventures, Heartland Ventures, Jay Z, Joe Montana, James Harden, Chairman of Louis Vuitton, and more.
Global at our core, we are headquartered in San Francisco, and have presence in the US, Europe, China and Singapore from day one.
Culture is very important to us and we encourage you to read about our Values and see these resonate with you here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SHaeKG3IUy_1kE0y8FRnM8PPoEdMS0gmNIsSP3dG-3A/edit
The Nitty-gritty Details
Company: Workstream (https://www.workstream.us)
- Location: SF Bay Area
- Position type: Full-time
- Reporting to: Co-founder & Chief Product Officer
Opportunities to Progress in Career
Workstream is a San Francisco based Series A start-up, backed by Founders Fund, CRV, Basis Set Ventures, Peterson Partners, GGV Capital, CEO of Zoom, CEO of Doordash, Jay-Z, Joe Montana, and more. We are a fast growing, humble, hungry, hustling team of ~60 Streamers with a strong passion to make hiring easier and faster.
We are looking for someone that can scale and grow with the company over time. This is a place where the company’s growth curve is likely going to be faster than your individual growth curve, so you will most definitely not be bored – and will continue to be challenged and stretched. You’re going to work right alongside and be mentored by the founders directly, and get exposure to best-in-class advisors and investors.
You will thrive if you have a startup mentality of “getting sh*t done”. If you are looking for a relaxed 9-5, please back away slowly. If you are insanely bright, hard working, humble, and looking to build a career on the ground floor of an exciting and fast-growing SaaS business, this is for you. We hope you will bring the same energy and share with the team!
Skill Sets and Requirements
You resonate with our company values. Culture fit is a must have for us – be honest with yourself! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SHaeKG3IUy_1kE0y8FRnM8PPoEdMS0gmNIsSP3dG-3A/edit
- You are humble, hungry, disciplined, and curious.
- You have 5+ years work experience in data or analytics roles at a fast growing startup, or in management consulting.
- You are a SQL ninja – excellent SQL skills, able to create charts/reports/dashboards in minutes (try to beat us in the SQL code test!). You have a fundamental understanding of relational databases.
- You have experience with Airflow, and other ETL tools.
- You can code in Python; you don't have to be a great at it, but can get things done.
- You are a first principle thinker, and can problem-solve quickly. You are analytical and attentive to details.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator, comfortable communicating technical concepts to high level stakeholders.
- You are able to work autonomously in a dynamic environment. You are a self-directed learner who requires little guidance to figure things out.
- You are flexible. We start 4 projects in one week, and kill 2 by Thursday; you won’t get sad when that happens.
- You are tenacious, the type of person if you can’t figure something out, it bothers you and you will stay up to find the right solution.
You will be responsible for building, restructuring, & monitoring/ maintaining ELT pipelines between our GTM tools used within the company. These currently include Salesforce, Segment, Outreach, Stripe, production data, etc., with many more coming on the horizon as we grow the complexity and capability of our business.
- You will own the data warehousing for Workstream, with support from core product engineering / CTO. You'll serve as a thought partner to the the founders and work with engineering to make architectural & tooling decisions on how data will be stored and accessed, designing the system for maximum long term scalability, robustness, and actionability. In the future, this may include evaluating database providers, tools like dbt & Alteryx, and more.
- Lastly, you are at the frontline at fostering a data-driven culture across the company. Champion for single source of truth (SSOT), and champion for understanding and using data the right way. Train and guide other teammates (sales ops, customer success ops, etc.) on how they can best use data to guide their own work.
What we offer
- An opportunity to be an early employee at a high-growth SaaS company and work directly with the founding team
- Full-time employees are offered comprehensive medical benefits
- A globally-distributed team who deeply cares about each other and shares ideas
- A belief that productivity is measured by output and not facetime
- Flexible, schedule with a “use it how you need it” vacation policy - we don’t believe in capping or earning hours. We trust our team to get the job done and rest/recharge as they see fit.
- Help drive the culture of the Workstream team as we grow!
Workstream - San Francisco
162 S Park St, SF, CA 94107