Customer Support Engineer (in San Diego)
Full Time, Contract
Important Notes: We are looking to hire somone in the San Diego Area. This role will primarily work from home and from our Gillespie Field office in El Cajon as needed.Proof of vaccination will be required before start date.
Lynk Remote Technologies (www.lynkremote.com) is looking for the next Customer Support Engineer to join our Technology Development Team. The Technology Development Team at LRT is responsible for defining, assessing, and continuously evolving our Software that supports our products and services. The Customer Support Engineer’s primary responsibilities are to provide quality customer facing support for IoT products and services. They are responsible for monitoring reliability of infrastructure, quality documentation and training materials for those services. Working along with development and marketing teams to continuously improve the customer experience for those products and services.
Key Responsibilities - what you'll do
- Act as technical support for internal and external customer problems via phone, chat, support ticket and email.
- Provide immediate technical help to our Customer Success Team
- Maintain and monitor our infrastructure and services.
- Develop and provide training to members of the support operations team on new technology and procedures relating to our products/services.
- Develop tools to automate repetitive tasks such as general maintenance and upkeep.
- Contribute to product QA/design to help ensure they will scale and be reliable in production.
- Work on projects to improve the performance and reliability of the products.
Qualifications - the must haves
- 1-2 years experience with Linux
- 1-2 years of help desk experience
- Familiarity with network monitoring tools
- TCP/IP fundamentals, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, DHCP, etc.
- Familiar with IoT frameworks and AWS
- Analytical and methodical approach to troubleshooting
- Experience reading and interpreting system and application logs
- Experience reading through code to determine intended functionality and suggest fixes
- Experience reading MQTT logs and messages
- Skillful using Linux terminal commands
- Bash shell knowledge
- Cellular signal and connectivity
- Trouble ticket management
- Exceptional customer service attitude
- Ability to write scripts to automate tasks (Python, bash, etc.)
- Good documentation skills
- Excellent ability to absorb, comprehend, and explain written technical material
- Attention to detail
Qualifications - gives you an edge
- Experience working in an early start up environment
- Familiarity with the aviation industry, general aviation, and/or a pilot or student pilot!
- Experience working for an Internet of Things (IoT) company
Core Skills Necessary For Our Start Up:
- Communication - is responsive, articulate, concise, and clear verbally and in writing
- Execution - has a sense of urgency and achieves goals as promised
- Problem Solving - defines, understands, scopes, and solutions the important issues
- Responsiveness -gets back to team mates, customer, and partners within 24 hours with an answer or update
- Peer Relationships - builds positive and collaborative connections with team mates
Our Cultural Traits & Values
We’ve found that people who align with our company’s cultural traits and values are typically a great fit and work well with the team.
- Excellence - delivers and has high standards for quality, execution, and delivery of work
- Empowerment - takes charge of their job and enables others to do the same
- Passion - exudes excitement and vigor in their work
- Fun - creates an environment where they enjoy themselves in whatever way brings them joy
- Accountability - demonstrates ownership for an issue and sees things through to completion
- In sync - sSeeks and gains alignment across team members and the organization
- Mutuality - helps colleagues to achieve goals freely and willing
- Radical Transparency - gives and receives actionable feedback in a constructive way, even when it's tough
- Go-getting - goes after opportunities and is relentless in the pursuit of progress
- Sky Is The Limit - focuses on what’s possible rather than why it’s impossible
About Lynk Remote Technologies
Lynk Remote Technologies, LLC is an early stage, private, U.S. based company founded in 2016. The company’s focus is on automating, protecting, and connecting high value assets such as airplanes, recreational vehicles, and industrial equipment, and . The first commercial product, Hangarbot, is the aviation industry’s first end-to-end connected hangar solution. The company has team members across North America, dedicated to solving challenges and closing major connectivity gaps through powerful, practical and out-of-the-box hardware and software solutions.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Because this role will occassionally work in a small office, we would like to ensure our contractors are vaccinated. Will you be able to show proof of vaccination by your start date (yes or no)?
- Associate (Preferred)
- Linux: 1 year (Required)
- customer technical support: 2 years (Required)
- IoT frameworks and AWS: 1 year (Preferred)
- reading MQTT logs and messages: 1 year (Preferred)
- ticket troubling platform: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location