At Lyft, our mission is to improve people's lives with the world's best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
As a Partner Engineer on the Partner Solutions Engineering team, you'll be the platform expert responsible for enabling our most strategic business partners to grow by architecting technical solutions and championing the development of new features and products to bring our partners to market through technical integrations. This role will allow you to execute on solving real-world business challenges through Lyft's API platform.
Our team is looking for entrepreneurial, fast-moving engineers who can deeply understand our partners' business objectives and guide their technical teams to build high-quality, scalable solutions powered by Lyft's infrastructure. This is a highly cross-functional role where you'll work closely with others in Engineering, Product, Sales and Business Development - all with the goal of making our partners successful and improving people's lives through the world's best transportation.
- Own the technical strategy and execution of Lyft Business partnerships from ideation phase, to development, to launch of their integration, and beyond
- Build new products and improve existing ones by working with Lyft product engineering teams, representing the voice of our technical partners.
- Understand the challenges and complexities of different industries and design technical solutions to solve for these at scale
- Influence the road map and product development of Lyft Business products to meet your industry's business challenges
- Develop deep integrations and custom solutions for and with our partners
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10% of time
- 4+ years of experience shipping production quality code
- Strong understanding of API Platforms, REST APIs, SDKs, HTTP, and OAuth
- Solid communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage your responsibilities across many different aspects of the platform from fostering partner relationships, to debugging, to designing APIs and documenting new APIs
- Experience working in highly collaborative environments
- Previous experience as a partner engineer, solutions engineer or API engineer a plus
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.