Marriott – Front Office Supervisor / Sales Assistant
Primarily supervises front office team members to ensure efficient and smooth operations for producing excellent feedbacks and guest satisfaction. Responds in a professional and courteous manner to guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. As a Sales associate you are responsible to develop and foster business through pro-active direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, appointment calls and tours of the hotel.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful, and courteous demeanor always.
- Courteously and accurately answers inquiries from potential guests and accepts hotel reservations.
- Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Supervise daily shift process ensuring all team members adhere to standard operating procedures.
- Train, direct the work of, resolve issues/problems and coach and counsel the front desk team members to ensure a quality operation.
- Resolve customer issues, complaints, problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Allocate rooms to expected arrivals after checking the guest’s preferences and special requests.
- Build strong relationships and liaise with all other department's especially housekeeping, reservations etc.
- Operates the PBX equipment, including, assisting incoming & outgoing calls, setting wake-up calls, etc. for in-house guests.
· Supervise the operations of the front desk to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality is provided to the guests.
· Performs other duties as assigned, requested, or deemed necessary by management.
· Ensure Front office logbook and hotel logbook is always updated and actioned upon.
· Ensures safety by following guest check-in and security procedures and reporting suspicious activity to security, manager, or MOD.
· Assist all departments in servicing the guests during high volume periods.
· Takes responsibility in the absence of the Manager on Duty / Front Office Manager
- Responsible for Corporate and Group Room Sales for the hotel.
- Identify new markets and business opportunities and increase sales.
- Represent Hotels in various events and exhibition.
- Conducts sales calls and arrange site inspection trips to hotels by corporate clients.
- Able to provide Quick and timely responses, immediate communication to the properties, develop professional long term business relationships.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (generating proposal, contracts, customer correspondence).
- Work closely with General Manager / Revenue Manager to ensure proposed rate negotiations meet the financial needs of the hotels.
- Targeting key accounts potential for the company.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
- Closely following up on all business leads within a 24-hour response timeline to clients.
- Complete all online training modules associated with position.
- As a supervisor you will be a role model, sharing your expertise and continually inspiring the front office team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Sales / General Manager.
Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset or Graduates bachelor’s degree and/or diploma in hotel or another related field. Computer Knowledge and experience in MS office programs.
Minimum 2 years work experience as Front Office Associate or professional working area
Marriott opening experience preferred
- Light work-exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- The position also requires that the employee regularly stand & walk. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance.
- Position requires off-duty availability which may interrupt sleep and/or personal time.
Full time / holidays / weekends
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location