****This role can be based in Calgary, Edmonton, Mississauga or Toronto****
Business Development Representative, Virtual Sales
The Business Development Rep (BDR) will call on identified existing Ricoh and ZBA accounts. The primary objective of this role is to support the retention and expansion (growth) by leveraging the entire span of the Ricoh product and services portfolio. The BDR will work in alignment with the Digital / Commercial / GEM / STRAT Sales Teams to identify targeted accounts and vertical market account base. The BDR will utilize digital technology and resources to leverage and support the development and validation of qualified prospects and opportunities. The BDR will be responsible for conducting research on existing and potential new accounts to present relevant solutions. The BDR will utilize marketing resources and programs to define specific go to market strategies. The BDR will leverage the full Ricoh authorized suite of products, software, and services support. The BDR role is not responsible for closing identified and qualified opportunities but will work in collaboration with all Ricoh personnel to support the closing of the sale.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use core sales tools / resources: Salesforce (SFDC) (RCI assigned CRM solutions, LinkedIn, Power BI, Hoover, etc. to research and connect with customers and prospects to develop sales opportunities with current and potential Ricoh customers. The BDR is expected to complete a minimum of 50 outbound business development activities per day (phone calls/emails/video calls, MS Teams, etc..). (Minimum activities may vary depending upon defined market segment, account classification and / or mix of existing and prospect accounts)
- Proactively develop new business opportunities by researching potential customers and industry trends to understand customers' challenges, business needs and opportunities then correlate this information back to Ricoh's portfolio of product and services with the goal of presenting customers with Ricoh solutions that addresses their business needs & support the achievement of their business objectives
- Introduce Ricoh to potential clients as a key strategic partner and solutions provider that can solve their key business problems
- Review current customers portfolio and spend history to uncover potential opportunities to expand Ricoh's portfolio of products and services within existing accounts. This should be grounded in an understanding of the customers' business needs and objectives.
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Nurture long-term trusting relationships with customers that are grounded in positioning Ricoh as a trusted advisor and strategic business partner
- Once opportunities are identified and initial customer interest is established, set up meetings or calls between prospective clients and Account Executives and transition the responsibility for closing the sale to the Account Executives. BDR is not responsible for closing the sale but may be required to assist in collaboration with the overall Ricoh team to assist in the closing activity.
- Maintain accurate and up to date CRM notes on potential opportunities inside the account. The position could be expanded to include other projects as required in the future.
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to the Sales Manager / VP on activities and associated sales results. (Supplemental reporting will be required for all Digital / Commercial / GEM / STRAT Sales Teams).
- Stay up to date with new products/services, new pricing/payment plans and industry trends
- Effectively manage and prioritize multiple requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving production goals from assigned territory or set of accounts
- Promotes a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company
- Contributes fully to the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead
- BSc degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or relevant field. (preferred, but not mandatory)
- Proven work experience as a Sales Development Representative, Sales Account Executive, Business Development Representative or similar role in a B2B consultative selling environment.
- Strong Leadership and strategic thinking abilities.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to effectively interpret business information and use it to identify potential business development opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills and good working knowledge of MS suite of business applications, CRM Software (e.g. Salesforce), LinkedIn, and other business research tools.
- A proven track record of achieving or exceeding sales / engagement -- activity targets.
- Ability to manage conflict and effectively problem solve in a fast paced, high stress environment.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, coupled with tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a distributed sales team
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls) using virtual technology, such as video calls, MS Teams, etc.
- Understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Strong and professional communication skills -- written, verbal, presentation.
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations and effective story telling skills.
- Drive, Grit, Team Oriented: strong desire to compete and win.
- Strong time management skills and the aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving production goals from assigned territory or set of accounts.
Meaningful Employee Wellness
We are committed to providing you with a safe, healthy, and supporting work environment that helps you to achieve your every single day goals both at work and at home. We continuously work to provide you with a well-rounded benefits package and other tools to support you.
Flexible Work Opportunities
We recognize that juggling all of the various areas of your life can be difficult. Therefore, we offer flexible work arrangements depending on business needs, which allow you a better work-life balance. These include: flextime, telecommuting, job sharing, and part-time work.
Whether it is to relax on the beach, staycation with your family, or take time for yourself, we offer various time-off programs to support your needs. Some examples include vacation with pay and the option of purchasing additional vacation each calendar year, paid Family, Health & Personal (FHP) Days.
Progressive Learning & Development
We want to help you learn, grow, and achieve your full potential. We offer several programs for you to craft your future with us. The programs include:
- The Ricoh Learning Institute
- Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Education Assistance Program
Rewards & Recognition
Our compensation strategy is developed to attract and retain the best employees in the industry. Ricoh offers and contributes to a Retirement Plan (RRSP) and depending on the role, Ricoh also offers other compensation initiatives such as commission and bonus plans.
Ricoh's "Be The Change" (BTC) Program offers monetary and non-monetary recognition for those who focus and commit to The Ricoh Way.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Please indicate your salary expectation (total comp)