Business Analyst (Intermediate/Senior):
nugget.ai is recruiting and screening candidates on behalf of our partner and its clients. nugget.ai will be responsible for application and screening processes, and if you’re selected, our partner will be responsible for the interview stage of the hiring process.
About our partner: They’re a company on a mission. Every single team member is obsessed with one thing; helping Canadians make better financial choices. Via their digital application technology and award-winning in-house brokerages, they help over 1 million Canadians per month make a positive impact on their finances. Every single day of the year, they deliver their users the best online mortgage experience, personalized credit card options, and cheaper auto & home insurance policies than typically given by financial advisers. They know that achieving their mission is full of challenges; challenges that can be complex and often unexpected, but that are always interesting, rewarding and fun to solve as a team. This is where you come in.
We’re looking for a Business Analyst (Intermediate / Senior) to join our client’s growing team, in downtown Toronto (temporarily remote due to COVID). Reporting to the Director of Analytics, the Business Analyst is an integral member of our client’s Analytics team. You will work on high impact projects with business stakeholders and will need to use data to solve long-term and immediate business problems. You will have end-to-end responsibility for ongoing and project-based work streams and operate within a matrix structure - dedicated to some of the Business Units. Also, as part of this role you will get to work on some data science models and deploy them in a production environment. This is a great opportunity to run independent projects and become a champion of the business.
- Partner with business stakeholders to determine requirements, anticipate future needs, and identify areas of opportunity to drive business growth
- Own analytics for some of the Business Units including scorecards, ad hoc analytics & insights, external partner reporting, and billing
- Define, build and roll out Data Self Service for the Business Units you own
- Develop a good understanding of how data will flow and be stored through the organization across multiple applications such as CRM, Broker & Sales tools, Finance / Accounting tools, Backend and the Data Warehouse
- Build models for data science applications and deploy them to production environments
- Support in data governance measures to keep the dataset clean and trustworthy
- Post-secondary degree: intelligence is valued over relevance, but a Bachelor’s in Computer Science would be looked upon favourably
- 3+ years of similar work experience
- Advanced SQL knowledge and intermediate Python skills
- Experience in building reports and scorecards using tools like Sisense, Power BI, Looker (the business uses Looker so extra points for that)
- Some experience in building and maintaining Data Science models and familiarity with production deployment architectures
- Familiarity with working in cloud infrastructure, preferable AWS (EC2, S3, Redshift, Lambda, etc.)
- Detail-oriented: High standard of data quality and integrity
- Resourceful: You don’t have all the answers, but you know how to get them
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking abilities
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment and able to pivot quickly to align with changing priorities
- Fun: You bring your whole self to work and make an effort to contribute to the workplace culture in a positive way
- Do the right thing: You are able to assess both customer and company needs to make good business choices
- Growth mindset: You love to learn and try new things
- Willing to Help: You care about your team members and are willing to help out outside your realm of expertise.
- Impact-orientated: You are motivated by results and track to completion
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours
- Benefits: A benefits package with no employee contribution required
- Perks: RRSP matching program, individual training allowance, access to financial literacy training and resources
- Casual dress code
- Fun team socials
A note from nugget.ai: We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations as requested by candidates, and you may contact us at any time at [email protected] for assistance or any questions you have.