The Workforce Connection Coordinator will be primarily responsible for connecting College of DuPage students with local businesses who provide internship opportunities, and part-time and full-time work. This position will develop relationships with employers who are seeking to hire College of DuPage students and collaborate with academic disciplines to connect students with work-based experiential and employment opportunities.
- Understand and effectively communicate the Career Services vision of internship development employment for COD students with local, regional and national employers. Develop partnerships where employers look to College of Dupage for their hiring needs.
- Carry out activities and milestones such as outreach, recruitment, training, technical assistance and individualized on-going support activities that will ultimately result in businesses demonstrating a willingness to hire students from College of DuPage including but not limited to Career and Technical Education (CTE) disciplines.
- Develop relationships between businesses and College of DuPage to increase the number of internship/co-op positions available for students.
- Recruit area businesses to participate in on-campus events such as resume development workshops, interviewing, and networking events that assist students to become qualified candidates in the job search process.
- Invite businesses to participate in events such as classroom visits, career fairs and networking events where current students can interact with and receive feedback from professionals in the field when trying to decide which career field they are seeking.
- Collaborate with faculty, Counseling and Advising, and other College departments regarding student career development.
- Compose and arrange a best practice toolkit which defines how to collaborate with the College to find and get matched with qualified candidates.
- Provide one-on-one assessment with each business to address their hiring challenges and opportunities, as well as exposure to best practices of diversity.
- Provide training to employers on how to assess current job descriptions through the use of job analysis to match the skills and abilities of the College students with the requirements of the job.
- Track milestones and activities and produce reports as required by the Career Services Center and according to funding guidelines.
- Collaborate with College staff regarding special employer events, job postings, classroom presentations and workshops for College of Dupage students.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have an understanding of current employment trends. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience cultivating relationships between the business community and education community or business to business partnerships. Must be a goal orientated, self-starter and problem solver.
Three (3) years working as a career development professional or in human resources recruiting. Additional preferred experience includes: program and partnership development, recruiting or business-to-business building experience. Team player, enthusiastic, well organized and goal oriented with a strong passion for student career development.
Master's Degree in College Student Personnel, Counseling, MBA, Psychology, Sociology or equivalent experience in Career Development, Career Services or Human Resources and/or recruitment.
Computer, printer, FAX, copier and MS Office.
Normal work hours are 27 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Must be able to provide or arrange own transportation for travel to and from employer sites. Must have a valid driver's license. This is a grant-funded position.
This position requires a background check at the expense of the college.