Senior Product Manager, Customer Success Product Documentation
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to enjoy incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Senior Product Manager in the IT engineering organization, you will contribute to the success of our products that directly impact business processes or help grow our $2B+ and growing business.
We are looking for a Sr. product manager who would be responsible for enabling seamless access to product documentation for our customers and end users, allowing them to get the most out of the Splunk products they have purchased. The docs.splunk.com website hosts our end user Splunk product documentation. Splunk customers use this website to learn about key Splunk software features through detailed tutorials, conceptual materials, and simple examples. This website is a key component to our customer adoption strategy and helps customers become more productive and confident using Splunk software. Responsibilities will include standing-up and/or building on existing solutions to support different business and Splunk customer documentation needs. In addition to the Customer Success Documentation product, this leader will also be responsible for building a new customer portal designed to decrease customer and prospect friction in getting access to Splunk product and legal artifacts needed during the shopping and discovery motions.
In this highly impactful role, you will be responsible for driving the roadmap and product features we deliver for our diverse set of partners. You will need to use your technical expertise and deep experience in delivering features using Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum, as a Product Owner for this position. Knowledge of user management processes (group management, authorization, etc.), and content management systems will be important in this role. To be successful, you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to cross functional teams while defining detailed functional requirements, delivering within an agile delivery framework, and managing key performance indicators. This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing to develop a positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are critical for this role.
- Represent the team as the main interface for collaboration with internal business partners and actively engage with them to ensure delivery is aligned with business needs and the product vision.
- Partner with other product managers, development managers and technical leads across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies, and releases to mitigate risks and issues.
- Actively network with key industry contacts to understand standard methodologies and emerging practices and how they can be used within the company
- Ensure work aligns to the OKRs/metrics of the product. Create corresponding data/analytics to track and control the health of the product and business impact. This includes functional and technical OKR/metrics.
- Manage the product backlog across multiple scrum teams to ensure the highest business value is being delivered to our internal business partners
- Produce feature requirement artifacts, such as data flows, process flows, decision trees, state diagrams, and system context diagrams to support the delivery team.
- Support agile and product principals through sprint execution. Develops stories and defines clear acceptance criteria for completion. Partner with the scum team to ensure quality. Create and use test and learn practices, to drive product learnings and product adoption.
- Produce and lead go-live release communications that inform a diverse set of partners and/or users of new features and/or changes. Exhibit strong communication within the immediate scrum team, and with key partners/end users of the product. Can demo and interact with customers/users and how they use a product, articulating its benefits.
- Build strong relationships internally and externally; present roadmaps, sophisticated ideas and features to broad teams in an effective manner
- Work with teams outside the product function including sales, product marketing, customer success and support to build comprehensive go-to-market motions from marketing to delivery
- Cultivate a positive culture where there is a sense of purpose, ideas are heard, and decisions are transparent.
- 5+ years of product management experience including product owner experience working in partnership with a delivery team using Scrum.
- Demonstrated ability to identify which problems to solve through a logical/systematic approach and determine when to scale a solution. Demonstrates curiosity and empathy, and asks probing questions that help uncover customer needs.
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed workforce.
- Experience facilitating productive sprint planning and backlog grooming sessions with the delivery team.
- Experience using Atlassian JIRA or equivalent to manage backlogs and document features.
- Experience in creating a positive culture where people are treated with kindness, respect, and appreciation.
- Excellent written documentation, technical diagrams, and executive presentation abilities.
- Holds a current Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification (preferred).
- Travel up to 25% between Splunk offices to meet with key partners.
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems/ Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).