REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The Sales Consultant reports to the Executive Director of the residence with guidance from the Director of Sales and Marketing. This unique position is responsible for the leasing of retirement suites in (2) two communities in the beautiful Richmond Hill area to maintain optimal occupancy. Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members. All duties are performed in the best interest of the residents and their families, and in accordance with Spring Living’s vision, mission and values statements.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensures a smooth transition to the residence by supporting the transfer of the relationship to the Executive Director, as well as, other members of the management/leadership team.
· Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Executive Director.
· Provides leadership direction and training of the sales process to the management/leadership team.
· As an integral member of the management/leadership team, participates in strategic planning and decision-making.
· Participates as a member of the work team and provides support to other team members.
· Actively participates in the weekly management/leadership meeting to provide updates regarding sales trends, new prospects, marketing events, and other related information.
Budget & Financial:
· Forecasts, monitors, and reports expenditures from funds allocated to the marketing budget.
Marketing & Occupancy:
· Conducts personal visits, provides information to the general public and community organizations, and follows up on leads in a timely manner.
· Leverages Spring Living’s consultative sales process “Value Match” to help seniors and adult children make informed decisions when choosing a retirement residence. Successfully executes the Spring Living Value Match sales process.
· Manages telephone inquiries and converts to personal visit bookings.
· Tracks sales activity in CRM database and analyzes reports to identify sales trends specific to the community and residence.
· Leases the rental units in the retirement residence.
· Meets established residence-specific sales targets.
· Identifies sales trends specific to the community and residence.
· Drives referrals and traffic. Creates, retains and grows a portfolio of strategic networking partnerships with the local healthcare community and within the community at large. Builds a qualified lead database.
· Develops, promotes and implements marketing plans to ensure optimal occupancy is achieved in the residence.
· Develops a marketing strategy and prepares advertising campaigns. Develops new vehicles for advertising.
· Develops and fosters partnerships within the community.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with community influencers to promote and encourage referral-based traffic.
· Encourages outside groups to use the residence for marketing purposes.
· Researches and maintains competitive analysis.
· Shares information and participates in marketing committees to develop and implement best practices throughout the organization.
· Conducts duties in accordance with Spring Living policies and procedures, as well as, government regulations, laws and policies.
· Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, other staff members and residents. Promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations.
· Maintains confidentiality of information relating to residents, family members, prospective residents, other staff members and Spring Living Retirement Residences.
Operational & Administrative Systems:
· Prepares Residency Agreements for Executive Director review and signature. Maintains pertinent records (as required).
· Prepares relevant management reports and records.
· Attends sales training as required.
· Performs other related duties as required.
· Experience in generating sales relationships.
· Experience in marketing and/or customer service.
· Experience working with seniors.
· Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
· Post-secondary education in a related field is considered an asset.
· Strong prospecting and closing skills.
· Ability to successfully follow an established sales process, including closing sales transactions.
· Ability to plan, organize, and execute marketing plans and programs.
· Creative thinker within program boundaries.
· Empathetic and caring interpersonal customer service skills.
· Ability to multi-task, network and promote services.
· Results focused in a pro-active busy environment.
· Effective communication skills (written and verbal).
· Knowledge of the community and surrounding areas.
· Computer literate with knowledge of related software programs.
· Must be available for flexible hours due to the requirement to respond to optimal periods of sales traffic.
· Valid provincial driver’s license required and access to a vehicle.
· Wears personal protective equipment (or clothing) as required by task, MSDS, or residence policy.
· Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations.
· Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Persons Check require
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- Monday to Friday