Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
PURPOSE: The Sr. Sales Manager primary responsibility will be lead the US and Canada sales team and support aftermarket business development activities with key Off-Highway OES accounts, Service Centers, and IAM customers.
This person will support existing core Spicer product, while identifying, forecasting, and managing new product integration in order to catalyze profitable growth for Dana. Focusing efforts on customer centricity for OES, Service Centers, and distributor locations across US and Canada.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Sales Manager will have key responsibilities in driving the team for successful and profitable growth of the company’s current and future products in Off-Highway. In particular, this person will have distinct and measurable responsibilities as follows:
- Oversight of the US and Canada OH Sales Team managing sales to multiple Off-Highway OEMs. Support existing sales growth strategy and objectives, monitor key delivery dashboards, generate executive monthly briefings and prepare communications for the senior leadership of Dana and the customer.
- Represent voice-of-the-customer within Dana and responsible for customer metrics.
- Maintain accurate monthly customer forecasts and sensitivity analysis by providing analytical and thoughtful information in a data driven environment
- Review and monitor customer activities monthly, including customer performance metrics and communicate developments to Dana constituents both internally and externally.
- Work effectively with the Dana global sales teams in a matrix structure to share information and promote bench marking and development
- Understand customer products and organizational structure to effectively build relationships and engage our customer. Develop stronger relationships with customers at the senior level
- Design and implement an effective growth strategy across customers and brands, understand the technical product and drive revenue growth
- Negotiate pricing and other important supply chain matters (quality, delivery, and timing). Build relationships with customer at different levels, in different departments, and at locations in order to support current and future business
- Oversee accounts receivable activity ensuring recovery of cash, and minimizing of past dues
- Development of the AFM value story, sharing presentations to customer purchasing, engineering, and manufacturing departments/representatives
- Partner with internal Dana teams (to include pricing, product planning, and marketing) to achieve growth objectives
- Research and identify additional sales and growth opportunities, developing sales packages and market development and business development initiatives
- Maintain and grow the current knowledge of competitor’s activity and significant changes
- Work with your team to support a more sophisticated forecasting model, driving lower obsolescence and better Distribution Center turnover
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 10 years in a Off-Highway or commercial vehicle (or similar industry) aftermarket sales or business development role.
- A bachelor’s degree in a Business or technical discipline (a MBA is a plus)
- The person we seek for this critical role will be an accomplished business leader with a strong sense of shareholder stewardship and the ability to motivate and plan profitable new growth avenues for the company at key global OES customers, Service Centers, and wholesale distributions customers. Customer relationships and centricity are crucial elements in the company’s growth plans, this leader will possess the creativity, innovation, energy, and business acumen to build shareholder value and customer satisfaction.
- In particular we seek a person with the following qualifications to fulfill this demanding role:
- Have proven results and success in building customer relationships and strategic negotiation
- Strong understanding of aftermarket parts distribution for the Off-Highway or commercial vehicle segment is preferred
- Proven track record of working and building product portfolio strategy to create significant profitable growth through customer relationships
- Proven success in selling premium product platforms
- Previous experience delivering to customers while operating in a matrix environment
- Adaptability, skilled at problem solving including ability to identify and resolve issues and challenges and contribute to team success
- Demonstrated strong business acumen including knowledge of manufacturing, finance, marketing, and ability to understand the impact of supply chain decisions on the overall business success
- Strong, confident interpersonal and organizational skills and able to work with people at all levels within and outside Dana in a professional manner
- Willingness to travel extensively with ability to work non-traditional business hours
- Strong personal computer skills required, including experience with MS Office software.
- Must possess the confidence, intellectual capabilities, and energy to be a promotable person within the organization
Summary: We seek a high-performance individual who can provide leadership, energy, and judgment for these crucial Dana customers, and one who we believe will grow to be recognized across the company as a compelling and capable leader.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Accomplished business leader with the ability to work successfully in a matrix environment
- Proven track record of working and building product portfolio strategy to create significant profitable growth through customer relationships in a managerial or leadership role
- Must have a strong understanding of complicated technical products and market knowledge of the off-highway markets as well as industry knowledge
- Proven success in starting and maintaining customer relationships in the Off-Highway space
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Effective listener and communicator
- Proficient technical skills Microsoft Office; PowerPoint, Excel, Lotus Notes
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and think forward
- Able to effectively interface with other disciplines in the organization to achieve result
- Demonstrated ability to drive results
- Proven excellent customer relationship management skills
- Ability to effectively lead a team
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.