At Stericycle, we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people’s lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
The Vice President of Sales is a tenured sales leader who has the proven ability to drive profitable growth, lead strategic account planning efforts and foster customer relationships at the executive level within the healthcare industry. They will be responsible for driving growth across the full portfolio of Stericycle solutions to include multiple waste streams which address sustainability, compliance, and efficiency with assigned national accounts. The Vice President provides sales leadership while engaging cross-functional support to increase market share through acquiring, growing and retaining their customer base. In this role, he/she is responsible for developing strategic plans to achieve corporate business objectives across service lines including strategic initiatives and profit goals. The ideal candidate will have experience leading sales teams carrying multi-million dollar books of business with target growth quotas. The Vice President of Sales manages Senior Director of Key Accounts, Business Development Directors, Regional Account Directors and Senior Manager of specialty services serving either complex, non-hospital national accounts across the healthcare industry with both US and global business needs or large, national hospital IDNs and numerous regional healthcare networks.
Key Job Activities:
- Provides leadership, direction, and management of the US national accounts sales team in order to achieve annual sales and strategic objectives.
- Leads and manages resources and people processes to support career development, performance management, communications, recruiting, training, and succession planning.
- Engages directly with customers to gain business insights and requirements to assist with strategic planning and development of comprehensive solutions and value propositions to ensure long term retention and growth of profitable business.
- Provides expert oversight for negotiation planning and desired outcomes in complex situations while guiding team to anticipate objections and overcome resistance leading to consistently successful outcomes on profitable deals.
- Work closely with operations leadership to ensure high service levels and gross margin targets are achieved.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to ensure customer concerns are addressed and to align cross-functionally on corrective action plans to resolve customer issues and ensure continuous process improvement.
- Analyzes sales performance trends and revenue results and takes action to initiate strategies to meet or exceed sales objectives.
- Oversees negotiation of customer agreements (terms, conditions, legal, pricing and billing approvals) to ensure they improve profitability and address business needs.
- Reviews pipeline metrics regularly to monitor performance to quota and makes adjustments or facilitate accountability meetings as needed to achieve business plan goals.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Experience (North America & LATAM):
- Education equivalent to a Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred, from an accredited college or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Ten or more years of sales experience, including five to seven years of sales leadership experience or corporate account management experience in healthcare industry.
- Experience in managing teams in the healthcare industry.
- Expert knowledge of Stericycle's services, value propositions, and competitive advantages.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to relate with C-level stakeholders and across business units; successful background in complex, executive-level sales/solutions processes.
- Accountability for results and consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals.
- Strong ability to influence and stimulate others to action; engages commitment from others and collaborates to achieve results.
- Ability to apply advanced financial analysis to draw conclusions from financial data; understand and evaluate implications in financial and other related business data to develop actions and define strategic direction.
- Extensive knowledge of the regulated medical waste and compliance industry across large corporate accounts with demonstrated ability to partner consultatively including establishing C-level and executive relationships to design and implement successful customer solutions.
- Adept at multi-tasking and handling numerous, simultaneous, and competing initiatives at a high productivity level; operates with a sense of urgency and thrives in a fast-paced competitive environment.
- Proven consultative sales solution skills, including the ability to articulate a clear, concise return on investment value statement; generates new ideas and is a strong creative problem-solver.
- Is an extroverted, confident, enthusiastic, and persuasive leader; exudes confidence based on generalist expertise; strong technical aptitude.
- Passion and commitment for customer success.
- Account planning and execution skills; strong time management skills.
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws. To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.