White Cap, which now includes Construction Supply Group, is the leading distributor of concrete accessories and specialty construction and safety products for professional contractors. The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable. Our associates are the driving force behind this commitment and play a vital role in ensuring professional contractors keep their job running on time, on budget, and as safely as possible. Our HUB business is seeking the following talent in San Bernardino, CA:
CDL Class A Delivery Driver
This position is responsible for the safe, timely and accurate delivery of product to our customers and is accountable to branch leadership. Will also be asked to help out in warehouse when deliveries are not on schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate trucks/vehicles in the delivery of products to designated customer locations and job sites in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
- Responsible to assemble and secure product to avoid possible damage due to weather or road conditions.
- This includes but not limited to: forklift operations, loading/unloading potentially heavy products and strapping down material with ratchet strap system.
- Ensure and document that materials on the invoice have been loaded and are complete (two-person check is required.)
- Unload product in a safe and efficient manner. Responsible for care of materials, safety of self and others.
- Responsible to fill out the log book and process paperwork as per procedures.
- Responsible to project good impression on customers and handle customer complaints in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Responsible for performing general preventative maintenance activities on delivery vehicles, including washing, fluid checks, tire inspections, etc. Complete daily inspection checklist and notify delivery manager of issues.
- Purchase truck fuel ensuring accurate mileage is noted at pump.
- Know product location in warehouse and yard to assist in load pulling and/or will calls.
- Attend monthly driver meetings and participate.
- Responsible for assigned safety equipment such as hard hats, gloves, back belt, safety glasses, etc.
- Coach and help train non-CDL drivers to advance their skills.
- Assist delivery manager in dispatching and/or assignment of loads.
- Responsible to communicate and solicit feedback from outside sales and inside sales.
- Make recommendations to delivery manager on improved processes or procedures solicited from the drivers.
- Other duties assigned.
- 1 to 2 years CDL driving experience preferred
- Applicable state licensing requirements required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
- Good communication skills
- Maintain your CDL
- Endorsements Preferred: Air Brakes, Hazmat and Tanker
- Physical activity loading and unloading trucks, some heavy lifting (Minimum 50 pounds)
White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. White Cap considers applicants with criminal histories. White Cap provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Home daily
- Quarterly bonus
- Commercial driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- CDL Class A License (Required)
- One location