The Truck Sales Representative solicits commercial truck sales business from assigned accounts and / or through personal and phone contacts.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- Maintain client and prospect databases.
- Follow department procedures in completing truck paperwork using available system tools.
- Coordinate service work with the service department.
- Ability to coordinate financing and insurance with the appropriate departments.
- Be available for required meetings and other appointed times consistent and required to conduct and maintain sales department business.
- Meet established performance criteria as determined by sales manager.
- Required to call on customers on a daily basis.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with other truck dealers, truck buyers and truck wholesalers.
- Other duties assigned by manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong written / verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and learn independently.
- Knowledge in the area of truck specifications.
- Familiarity with accounting and other computer software as needed for dealership operations.
- Prefer 1 plus years of experience in the trucking / transportation industry.
- Clear driving history required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
The position is located in the office and shop environment as well as duties performed outside. Mobility of walking, standing and bending is frequent. Dexterity, hearing and talking requirements are constant. Visual ability to detect situations of concern is constant. The employee will occasionally lift up to and over 50 pounds. Must be able to meet the public and make decisions. Exposure to heat, cold, dust and dirt. Travel required.
NOTE: This Position Profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the on-going needs of the company. The Position Profile is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological development.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38,009.00 - $159,698.00 per year