We are currently seeking a career-minded Business Development Managerto join our team in West Palm Beach, FL!
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Compensation: Will commensurate with experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as primary contact with supplier partners and ensure support, communication and information requests are processed in timely manner
- Schedule regular meetings with each supplier to discuss sales, SKU rationalization, new products, promotions, etc. and work with supplier partners to achieve Brown Distributing revenue goals.
- Develop purchase orders to source inventory aligned with company policies from suppliers according to manufacture lead time
- Monitor product days on hand to ensure levels of inventory align with company policies and avoid out of stock instances
- Coordinate transportation of purchased product according to supplier type and company policies
- Attend internal departmental meetings and prepare presentations for monthly sales meetings focusing on new products, seasonal products and plans for slow moving SKU’s
- Submit new items for approval with reasoning, pricing, and sales volume plans
- Forecast accurately to prevent out of stocks and out of code product with coordination with the Supply Chain Managers for select suppliers
- Create and manage purchase orders in BDC Route Accounting System for assigned suppliers
- Put together monthly preorder calendar
- Organize product for market and sponsored events
- Track preordered and allocated items through gap reports.
- Analyze portfolio and SKU’s for each individual supplier on a weekly basis focusing on slow moving products.
- Manage close to code product through monitoring rate of sale and days on hand. Attend Monthly SKU Rationalization meetings with targeted SKU’s that are trending towards making the discontinued list.
- Attend key events as possible, including festivals, tap takeovers, other craft centric events, etc.
- Work with National Accounts team to accommodate programming to ensure adequate inventory to support market needs
- Management of Supplier Budgets / Marketing Spends
- Other duties may be assigned
- At least 2 years experience in the beer industry or comparable beverage marketing positions
Brown Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.