About our Business:
Sagent powers America’s top banks and lenders to make loans and homeownership simpler and safer for consumers – and you power Sagent! We bring the modern experience customers now expect from loan originations to loan servicing. Servicing is where lifetime customer relationships are managed and grown – and Sagent is helping banks/lenders change “customer for life” from tagline to reality. Our platform lets customers manage their home-owning lives from anywhere while giving servicers lower costs, scale compliance, and higher servicing values through full market cycles.
Sagent is a joint venture that combines Fiserv Inc.’s decades of market-leading fintech expertise with Warburg Pincus’ skill in growing technology companies. We hire innovators and doers to disrupt the last and most complex frontier of lending and housing. We’re growing fast and need you to help shape our future.
About the Role:
The Solution Design Consultant is critical to the success of our Onboarding, Customer Success, and Advisory Service efforts. This is a Customer Success team role that will aid with designing, managing and growing Sagent’s efforts to ensure our customers optimize usage of our products and services and maximize value in their spend with Sagent.
Clients use Sagent products – along with a wide variety of other software products outside of Sagent control - to power complicated, critical Servicing business processes. Optimizing client usage of Sagent products in this environment – and ensuring customer delight - requires careful coordination and cross-team problem solving across Sales, CS, Product and Engineering as we develop solutions that enable customers to realize maximum value.
As a consultant of the Solution Design team you will be responsible for setting the vision and operating structure / processes for the team, managing Sagent customer-facing Solution Design services delivery in a metric- and data-driven manner, and leading execution activities that require significant cross-team coordination to succeed. In particular, this team works closely with CS teams (CSM, Onboarding and Support), to provide proactive support that optimizes product configuration to meet client business processes (with specialized, bespoke training or advisory services as needed), as well as with Product and Engineering teams, ensuring optimal product usage and adoption as new customers are onboarded. This consultant will be expected to set a culture of excellence in proactively helping Sagent customers optimize usage of our products and services to realize business value, to evolve and continuously improve our Solution Design offerings, and to significantly contribute to keeping focus on being a trusted advisor and proactive business partner to our clients, not just a software vendor / order-taker.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Lead/Assist with Sagent 360 Reviews.Sagent conducts health-check awareness sessions with all clients to ensure proper usage of the system, best practices and efficiencies are in place, and increase overall customer satisfaction and client relationships. Specific details are as follows:
- Manage, plan, prepare client requested 360 product reviews
- Create materials & formal writeup of recommendations/follow-ups
- Gather intelligence to share with internal departments based on client feedback
- Assist CSM & Advisory Services with resource planning and action plan support
Provide a summarized view of these sessions bi-annually along with strategic insights into Product and service delivery opportunities
Provide Sales Support. The Sagent Sales team often requires assistance and support with product demonstrations, discovery and resource planning for detailed discussions, and overall knowledge share. The consultant will aid in the following areas:
- Work with Sales representative to understand prospect background and requirements
- Create agenda documents, loan scenarios, and business examples for demonstration
- Work with the sales team to maintain the shared Solution Design demonstration environment to ensure the most current features and functions are highlighted when demonstrating to current and prospective clients.
- Provide high-level general overview & demonstration of Sagent products
- Assist Sales representative with resource planning & scheduling when drill-down functional demonstrations are requested
Attend conferences, seminars, and client summits to provide booth demonstrations, assist with prospect interactions, and promote overall Sagent awareness
On-Boarding Team Support. The Solutions Design team will work closely with the OnBoarding team when a new prospect signs on to become an official client. As part of this transition period, the Solutions Design consultant will aid in fact-finding, discovery, and planning of the long term solution that best fits the new client’s requirements. The consultant will also provide knowledge-share from the work with the Sales team and this will ensure a smooth handoff from the Sales team to the OnBoarding team. This level of support to include:
- Work directly with OnBoarding & Advisory Services teams to aid in the knowledge share transition and hand-off from Sales
- Create current state vs. future state diagrams, designs, notes
- Support any Solution Design work needed during the pre-sale phase (such as implementation scoping) and enable smooth handoffs from Sales to CS teams
Support leads on the Onboarding team during new client implementations to define the implementation MVP (multiple phases if needed) and client agreed-upon workflow to be implemented by the Onboarding team
Customer Success (CSM) Team Support. The Solutions Design team also actively supports the Customer Success teams by answering system and product questions, sharing knowledge, and directing the CSMs to the right personnel for next steps or action items. The consultant will aid the CSMs in the following ways:
- Support CSMs when product questions arise or when resources are needed, and it is unknown whom to go to for details
- Offer guidance & consulting to help decrease the overall timeline of a client request/question
- Offer mini-discovery sessions to help with fact-finding and then advise on most appropriate next steps
- Advise & Consult on CSM action plans from prior Sagent 360 reviews
Candidate Experience & Skills:
- An action mindset: equal parts strategist, visionary, and a doer. Candidate must have the ability to easily shift from thought leadership to rolling up his or her sleeves to engage in hands-on support for customers using Sagent products
- Strong strategic vision for how Solution Design services can best contribute to ensuring customer delight - coupled with an ability to move quickly and iterate, and lead cross-functional teams to do the same
- Experience in managing and growing multiple customer accounts simultaneously, with demonstrated focus on building long term relationships and winning over key influencers
- A proven track record of engaging with customers to determine business needs to be solved with support from technology. This includes demonstrable success in ability to hold meetings, drive effective conversation and influence decisions and business processes with large groups of senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to drive delivery and transformation projects for clients and lead teams / manage people through influence in a matrixed organization or flat, cross-functional or multi-disciplinary environments rather than through formal authority
- Technical and SaaS experience and an ability to speak to technical and business customers in their language, not ours
- Proven track record of driving decisions and technical Product-based solution delivery experience while collaboratively resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through – requires exceptional verbal and written communication (both to customers and internally across Sagent)
- Unafraid to roll-up sleeves, get it done and "lead from the front” - we are looking for someone who lives by servant leadership as a core value
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with a strong desire to innovate, continuously improve and identify and drive solutions (not just identify problems) in a team delivery environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least 5 years of professional work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the financial services industry (or related) - within a Fintech company (SaaS B2B2C preferred) or a financial institution – focusing on solution design, pre-sales engineering, or implementations experience in a SaaS technology/platform company
- Experience / familiarity with Sagent products – especially LoanServ is highly desirable
- Experience in consumer lending / mortgage (servicing preferred) and / or familiarity with the housing finance regulatory environment will contribute to candidate success
Position is remote.
Sagent is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.