The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position of Leasing Associate ll. It should be noted that some responsibilities and duties might not be specifically addressed.
Brief Position Description:
The Leasing Associate ll is the community's sales representative whose primary duties are to professionally greet prospects and residents, present the features and benefits of their assigned community and properly secure lease agreements from qualified persons. A Leasing Associate ll is very service oriented and strives to make current residents feel welcome and comfortable in their apartment home. The Leasing Associate ll will contact the Community Manager or a person of authority, should any situation warrant an action or decision not included in his or her duties and responsibilities.
20-40 hours per week depending on whether a full or part-time employee.
A Leasing Associate II is required to work a flexible work week, including weekends.. Requirements:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, etc.
Statement of Expectation:
JVM associates make a commitment to residents, fellow associates and JVM’s business partners to consistently deliver a superior customer experience. All associates are expected to demonstrate Respect, Integrity, Commitment, Professionalism, and Accountability, which are JVM’s Core Values. JVM associates work hard and have high standards. They align themselves with JVM’s vision: to be an industry leader and the preferred choice for residents, associates and investors, recognized for the service we deliver, opportunities we create and the values by which we live.
- Correctly complete all lease applications, assist with application verification and notify prospective residents of results.
- Complete all lease paperwork (contract, addendums, riders, etc.)
- Prepare miscellaneous communications.
- Inventory office supplies on periodic basis. Report needs to Leasing Manager/Community Manager.
- Organize and file appropriate reports, leases and paperwork.
- Attend scheduled company meetings and training seminars.
- Assist with preparation of daily and weekly reports, communications, move-in and move-out inventory, market surveys, etc.
- Maintain a professional and friendly atmosphere at all times.
- Inspect models and "market ready" apartment homes daily to ensure cleanliness and move-in ready conditions.
- Answer incoming phone calls in a professional manner, handling the customers apartment home needs.
- Check for computer leads every 30 minutes in an effort to communicate with the customer promptly and make an appointment to view the community and apartment homes.
- Follow up with all prospects on a daily basis, entering comments in the note section in Onesite.
- Greet prospective residents, qualify prospect(s) and determine needs and preferences.
- Present the community and target apartments by demonstrating the features and benefits in an effort to close the sale.
- Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contribute ideas to the Community Manager for marketing community and for improving resident satisfaction.
- Inspect all marketing ads daily to ensure proper community data and photos.
- Ensure Craig’s List ads are created daily, following the JVM Craig’s List procedures.
Requirements of Position:
- High school diploma or GED
- Two (2) years property management experience
- Three (3) year sales experience
- Three (3) year customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a target phone appointment conversion ratio of 50%
- Excellent leasing skills with a target closing conversion ratio of 25%
- Email, word and property management computer experience
- Excellent organizational skills
Driver’s License and Transportation:
Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance for personal vehicle transportation throughout the community to perform apartment home tours, inspections of apartment homes and community curb appeal inspections.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
ADA Physical Requirements of the Position: Must be able to climb stairs and walk the Community grounds.