Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides advanced (level III) phone, online, and on-site support to technology users as well as, level I and level II support for other IT Support Specialists.
- Leads teams in diagnosing client computing hardware and software malfunctions and coordinating and/or implementing repair activities.
- Works independently using high-level logical problem determination skills and procedures to isolate faults in computer and peripheral software, hardware, and communications systems, and implements the repairs.
- Assists in troubleshooting data communication and networking related issues, including Wi-Fi and Voice-over Internet Protocol (VoIP), and resolving or acting as point of contact to appropriate parties for service assistance.
- Researches and develops standard practices for installing, implementing, and configuring client computing hardware and software within an enterprise scale networked computing environment.
- Researches and develops processes for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing client computing hardware and software within an enterprise-scale networked computing environment
- Creates reports, presentations, training materials, knowledge documents, and/or other documentation to support The Siegel Group technical support knowledge base.
- Leads project teams in designing and implementing new technologies and systems.
- Participates in the development of client computing hardware and software specifications for new client computing related technologies.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of hardware and software systems installations and upgrades at new and existing sites.
- Performs other tasks related to the position, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of client computing technologies.
- Knowledge of installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Point-of-Sale Systems. Revel experience a plus.
- Knowledge of connecting and configuring various devices such as routers, switches, access points, printers, projectors, IP Cameras etc. Fortigate and or Unifi experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networking technologies, protocols, and troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding of relational database systems.
- Knowledge of current operating systems.
- Knowledge of the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of various mobile devices. Experience using MDM software such as ScaleFusion, Datto or similar a plus.
- Knowledge of 66 and 110 blocks, and the correct punch-down and cross connect methods.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Office 365, Group Policy, SharePoint, Teams
- Ability to understand, discuss, and explain technical problems with non-technical customers.
- Ability to interpret complex technical documentation.
- Ability to diagnose high-level client computing technology malfunctions and perform complex repairs.
- Ability to create, edit, and maintain technical documentation.
- Ability to make technical presentations.
- Ability to recognize and report hazards and apply safe work methods.
- Possess physical and mental stamina commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
Required Education, Training, and Experience
High school graduation or other equivalent (i.e., General Education Development (GED), foreign equivalency, etc.); plus, two (2) years of work experience in an Information Technology (IT)-related technical support field; and, four (4) additional years of progressively detailed experience supporting client computing, software applications, and related technologies providing operations, and troubleshooting communications between desktop computers, and related systems; or, Associate’s degree (or two (2) years of college) with a major area of study in Information Technology (IT)-related areas, such as Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS), Electrical Engineering, etc.; plus, one (1) year of work experience in an Information Technology (IT)-related technical support field; and, three (3) additional years of progressively detailed experience supporting client computing, software applications, and related technologies providing operations, and troubleshooting communications between desktop computers, and related systems.
Experience with modern cloud-based POS systems is a plus.
- This job requires the employee to regularly talk and hear. The employee is often required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, lift, balance, push, pull, and climb.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- This job requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to drive to client locations.
For the right candidate, there is tremendous opportunity to grow in this company. We are in a growth mode. That means it is a fast-paced environment and opportunities will grow as the company does.
This is a full-time salaried position. 9am-6pm, 40 hours per week. On call on rotation. Must be willing to travel out of state (10%), and work extra hours when necessary. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- One location
Work Location: One location