- Establish and proactively maintain a strong professional relationship with key decision makers and influencers within assigned accounts (20 main accounts)
- Drive profitable sales expansion with a focus on acquiring new customers and growing existing customers
- Gather and analyze market and industry intelligence, metrics, and trends to determine customer needs
- Identify opportunities early in the sales cycle to ensure maximum share of wallet for Element
- Deliver business development related presentations, negotiate, and close business with nominated accounts, working in coordination with location business development resources
- Provide positive leadership and representation of Element to the public, customers, vendors, and to all employees through membership in professional organizations, serving on company project teams, conducting employee meetings and visiting work areas and interacting with employees. Represent company at industry association meetings to promote company and services offered
- Prepare reports and presentations showing sales volume by sector, region, location, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Follow up in a timely manner on quotations for the assigned customer base
- Achieve sales goals by converting, retaining and penetrating accounts
- Work closely with other sales roles and utilizes technical support to maximize the sales realized in the territory
- Lead access and persuasion steps in sales process, including qualifying, relationship building, needs evaluation, solution development/presentation and closing
- Identify full customer test needs to uncover additional opportunities within accounts across Element
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of Element's service offerings; participate in training/coaching opportunities
- 5 years of sales responsibilities managing a minimum of 20 key accounts
- Technical experience reviewing statements of work and customer specifications
- Bachelors of Science in Material Sciences preferred but other four year degree will be considered
Mechanical, chemical, and metallurgical testing experience preferred
Knowledge of supply chain and OEMs in either medical, aerospace, or general industrials
Experience in interpreting testing procedures and requirements
Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Dynamics AX and CRM, Word, Excel)
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills to meet a variety of communication needs
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time; some overnight travel may be required
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
Members of the TIC Council must implement and abide by the TIC Council Compliance Code. Element has therefore issued an overarching Code of Conduct which is supported by our Compliance Programme. A copy of the Code of Conduct and more information about our Compliance Programme can be found in the Governance and Integrity section of www.element.com.