Job Title: Business Development Executive
We are a dominant and rapidly growing international transportation company with offices throughout North America and Europe. We are currently seeking self-motivated, driven individuals with a “hunter" mindset to join our commercial team in Ontario.
Be part of a collaborative, motivating, challenging and friendly company culture driven by the best customer experience in the industry.
Job Location: Ontario – GTA and Surrounding Area (Territories throughout Southern Ontario, servicing the West end)
Work Environment: Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm (*flexible as needed/required) working remotely (on the road) and from home. Some travel is required.
Salary: To be negotiated
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prospect and contact potential customers on a daily basis
- Present and sell company services to new and existing customers
- Conduct presentation meetings with potential clients as needed
- Retain current customer base by providing creative solutions that respond to customers needs
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of company services
- Conduct research to understand target prospects, changing market conditions and competition
- Adhere to all company procedures, values, and policies so that you provide an accurate representation of the company to all potential and current customers
- Conduct calls and travel within your sales territory for face-to-face meetings with existing and potential customers on a daily basis to identify and understand their service needs
- Maintain detailed and updated records of all sales activities via our CRM, company database platforms along with other related reporting tools on a daily and weekly basis.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management
- Participate in regular weekly sales calls and other regular meetings as required by the organization
- Coordinate account opening, rate implementation, IT requirements and operational needs with various departments
- Work in collaboration with the Regional Sales Manager for on going support, coaching and mentoring.
- Achieve and/or exceed the daily, weekly and monthly metrics.
A Career with GLS Canada Offers:
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP contribution and vacation time
- A flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- A dynamic and inclusive culture
- A supportive team that will encourage your professional growth and development
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Professional development and solid career advancement opportunities
- On-going coaching and mentoring programs
- Excellent tools and support for success
- Corporate Discounts
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
Qualifications and Skills:
- College degree or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of the transportation industry preferred but not required
- Familiarity with CRM platforms an asset
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong negotiation, listening, organizational and time management skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Outside business-to-business sales experience an asset
- Collaborative and able to work well in a team environment and independently
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Self-starter who excels at working in a fast-paced environment
- A team player who can also work under minimal supervision
- Proficiency with computer, Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Suites and CRM
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Do not wait to send us your resume and become part of a winning team TODAY!
GLS Canada has an Equal Access to Employment Program and invites women, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply
Please take note that GLS canada is subscribed to a pay equity in employment. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Founded in 1968 as a courier service with a single car and driver, GLS Canada now serves customers across a wide range of industries with multiple modes of transportation fulfilling over 80,000 shipments each day.
GLS Canada meets the needs of business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) customers through parcel, freight and logistics services, tailored to each and every one of those customers’ unique needs and requirements.
As of August 30, 2018, Dicom was sold to General Logistics Systems (GLS). This will allow Dicom to have access to the complete GLS network and allow for expansion into international services.
The fusion between the two company will offer many advantages to our employees, clients and partners.
Please take note that GLS Canada is subscribed to a pay equity in employment. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and Employees and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Reference ID: CAM Outside sales
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Commission pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday