KONE, founded in 1910, is one of the largest, award-winning elevator companies in the world and our offering for employees is as competitive as our offering for customers. Not only do we provide highly competitive salaries, company vehicles for specific roles, and world-class benefits for our salaried employees - we also pride ourselves on our culture and principles. Innovation, sustainability, collaboration and ethical business practices are just some of the pillars that we use to define our own success. Come join our family in KONE Americas to be a part of something big!
At KONE, our customers come from all walks of life, and we are committed to a culture that welcomes everyone. We have the passion to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because we believe diversity drives innovation.
Sr. Elevator Sales Consultant - Spokane, WA
We are looking for
A Sales Professional capable of building & maintaining strong relationships with existing customers to retain existing maintenance contracts and win more from existing customers. Being successful in the role requires ability to balance short term actions like selling simple repair work, and strategic and more long-term business development.
Please note: Sales title (e.g., Sales representative/consultant/executive) will be assigned commensurate with experience and business need.
- Individual sales planning & sales funnel management
- Customer relationship management to retain & grow business with existing customers and to drive customer satisfaction by identifying their needs
- Meet/exceed annual budget on orders from quoted repairs and upgrades to existing equipment; new maintenance sales through new equipment conversions
- General understanding of contract terms and/or language and can present said terms
- Create a solid sales pipeline; be able to use it for sales forecast accuracy
- Selling value and differentiating KONE products and services to qualified leads
- Assist/take action where needed; national account requests, mentoring new reps (experience pending), trade shows, visiting customer sites, etc.
- Record account/customer activity in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (e.g., Salesforce)
Skills, education and experience
- Drive to win & positive can-do attitude
- Ability to build customer relationships: Outstanding interpersonal & communications skills
- Customer focus, ability to understand customer needs & propose solutions that meet them
- Ability to work effectively in team environment; collaboration with peers and colleagues; as well as being capable to effectively work independently
- Proficiency with Salesforce and Quick Notes highly preferred
- Business acumen to ensure sustainable revenue & profitability growth
- Analytical ability and business acumen to analyze & prioritize opportunities
- Comprehensive understanding of sales funnel management & customer relationship management tools
- Mindset of continuous improvement; behavior characterized by the highest ethical standards
- Education : Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of work experience
- Experience : 3+ years of experience in sales (title pending experience)
- Experience : Construction or industrial equipment service sales highly preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.