CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Solutions Architect will own the architecture for Mattel’s next generation Mixed Play IOT and A.I-voice/vision enablers. The ideal candidate will have experience architecting and developing IOT (embedded, app, cloud) products, and must be able to communicate on a technical level with developers from all three disciplines. The role also requires an understanding of A.I/ML especially in the area of vision and voice applications and how these services integrate with mixed-play and IOT products.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Spearhead the architectural design of an end-to-end mixed-play IOT Software architecture as the lead of a cross-functional team for implementation
- Own and evolve the mixed-play IOT Software architecture
- Research and architect new enablers for our mixed-play IOT Software architecture
- Own and evolve the vision and voice A.I. services
- Research and architect new enablers for vision and voice application
- Architect product solutions that incorporate IOT vision and voice as well as other connected technologies (i.e BLE, WiFi, NFC) when necessary
- Collaborate with diverse enterprise groups to deliver value
What We’re Looking For:
- 8+ years in a higher order software development capacity such as technical lead/architect
- Experience architecting IOT standards and protocols
- Experience training and apply ML/A.I. models to solve cognitive problems
- Experience with GCP Cloud API backends with technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Go
- Experience architecting cross-platform app solutions using tools like Unity, Flutter, React-Native a plus
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.