Work you'll do
As a Cyber Cloud Security Specialist Leader, you will be at the front lines with our clients supporting them with their cloud security needs to securely navigate their journey to the cloud on the leading cloud platforms, by implementing industry leading practices around cyber risks and cloud security for clients. The Cloud Security Architect will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security practices of key public cloud offerings of providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google to establish secure design patterns, to architect integrations with customers' existing security policies, and to assist in ensuring the security and compliance of the cloud environment. You will:
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on cloud cyber risk for at least one of the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure/ Office 365, GCP, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle Cloud) for senior business and technology stakeholders.
- Lead the Cloud Security Infrastructure Design and Architecture on client engagements.
- Lead Cyber Risk teams as part of Cloud Transformation projects at industry leading clients using cloud platform (such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle Cloud) services.
- Educate business and technology stakeholders on value propositions of cloud and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud (such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle Cloud).
- Capture and share leading-practice knowledge amongst the technology community.
- Lead/support implementation of cloud environments and agile application development technologies in areas of software development, integration, and test of software applications and infrastructure.
- Lead the architecting and design of complex cloud solutions for clients.
- Review and finalize reference architectures for cloud native high-performance environments, designing business solutions in cloud, developing deployment, migration, operation and monitoring guides.
- Lead the deploying, managing, operating, enhancing, and automating of client's AWS, Azure, GCP environments.
- Execute on Cloud security engagements during different phases of the lifecycle - assess, design, and implementation.
- Coordinate enhancements and deployment efforts and provide insight and recommendations for implementing cloud security solutions.
- Lead cloud security assessments and provide recommendations on required configurations for client cloud platforms (such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle Cloud) and environments based on Deloitte's Cloud Cyber Risk Framework and industry standard frameworks such as ISO, CSA-CSM and NIST. This can include cloud-native or third-party solutions including directory services (e.g., LDAP, Azure Active Directory (AAD)), infrastructure (compute/networking/storage) services, data protection services, security monitoring, logging, PaaS services, and SaaS services (e.g., Office 365).
- Develop strategic and tactical security remediation recommendations / cyber risk roadmap to address identified security gaps.
- Lead cybersecurity controls testing across client's cloud environments to determine control effectiveness and adherence to both internal cybersecurity policies and standards and external requirements (e.g. certifications, laws, regulations and contracts).
- Design and develop cloud platform-specific security policies, standards, and procedures for management group and account/subscription management and configuration (e.g. Azure Policy, Azure Security Center, AWS Config), identity management and access control, firewall management, auditing and monitoring, security incident and event management, data protection, user and administrator account management, SSO, conditional access controls and password/secrets management.
- Troubleshoot problems with cloud infrastructure (e.g., domain name service, virtual network peering, dedicated cloud connectivity services - Azure ExpressRoute, AWS DirectConnect, Google Cloud Dedicated Interconnect) and resources (e.g., virtual machines, virtual networks, cloud databases) in a multi-cloud vendor environment and lead analysis of technical platform issues, client communication, and resolution as part of cyber risk mitigation steps.
- Assist clients in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support cloud adoption for secure migration of existing workloads to a cloud vendor. This may cover services such as tenant setup and service configuration focused on cloud cyber risk mitigation, IAM (e.g., PIM/PAM, MFA, SSO, Conditional Access), data protection (e.g., DLP, encryption, PKI), network security (e.g., firewalls, WAF), etc.
- Perform cloud orchestration and automation (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)) in single and multi-tenant environments using tools like Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt etc.
- Design, implement, manage, and automate DevSecOps capabilities in cloud offerings using CI/CD toolsets and automation (e.g., Boto3, Lambda, Azure Functions, Google Functions, Python, JSON).
- Ensure DevSecOps systems we build are robust in the sense they can scale, handle rapid growth, and limit exposure to single points of failure and security vulnerabilities.
- Manage entire deployment pipelines working with tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt stack, etc.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of testing methodologies, test automation and software development principles.
- Champion Agile leading-practices, processes, and tools in support of DevSecOps processes with respect to Test Automation.
- Monitor and maintain multiple (DevSecOps) environments based on requirements.
- Improve agility and resilience of cloud environments identifying opportunities to reduce IT operations through automation.
- Support and enable team members across both technical and management leadership capacities.
- Support Managed Services team on client calls as necessary as an SME.
- Provide internal cloud security technical training to Advisory personnel as needed.
- Lead the team on proposals, whitepapers, proof of concepts, technical eminence materials and firm initiatives.
Deloitte Advisory's Cloud Cyber team helps complex organizations more confidently pursue their growth, innovation and performance agendas through proactive management of the associated cyber risks. Our professionals provide advisory and implementation services that integrate risk, regulatory, and technology skills to help clients transform their legacy programs into proactive Secure.Vigilant.Resilient. TM cyber risk programs. Join the team developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk Services practice.
Qualifications - External
- 7+ years of information technology and/or information security experience
- 3+ years in an engineering role designing and supporting public clouds - AWS, GCP, Azure.
- 3+ years of hands-on technical experience with at least one cloud platform in security or infrastructure implementation and operations.
- 5+ years of hands-on technical experience with infrastructure systems such as networking (e.g. WAF, Firewall and load balancing), operating systems, SCCM and endpoint engineering, and infrastructure automation implementation or operations.
- 3+ years of working with different Cloud platforms (Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)) and environments (Public, Private, Hybrid).
- 3+ years of working experience with Virtualization including security for one or more of the following: Compute, Network, Storage, End-point, Application.
- Depth of experience with multiple security technologies such as Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Vulnerability Scanning, WAF, Wireless LAN, NAC, DLP, DDoS Mitigation, WAN security, CASB, SIEM, Content Filtering, Cloud Security gateways, Secure Proxies, SSL crypto solutions, and automation.
- Demonstrated capability to design, deploy, operationalize and automate secure and highly scalable enterprise systems on public cloud - AWS, Azure and Google.
- Experience with secure software development, data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security (VPNs) within cloud environments.
- Experience in architecting and deploying secure software defined and virtualized networks.
- Knowledge in designing, implementing, and managing DevSecOps capabilities in cloud offerings using CI/CD toolsets and automation.
- Experience in managing pipelines and working with tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt stack and Terraform.
- Experience in installing and configuring native and third-party databases in the cloud such as MongoDB, MYSQL, Couchbase, Oracle.
- Experience in agile leading-practices, processes, and tools in support of DevSecOps processes with respect to Test Automation.
- Understanding of industry regulatory and compliance requirements (i.e., FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, NIST, HIPAA) and skilled at interpreting the compliance and security requirements into implementable and repeatable controls.
- Experience in the creation and maintenance of security policies and procedures, managing the protection of information systems and assets.
- Client interfacing, relationship building, and consulting skills.
- BA/BS Degree is required. Ideally in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering, Information Technology.
- Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability.
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through interactions with client personnel.
- Experience with leading multiple distributed teams across different geographies.
- Participate in and actively support mentoring relationships within practice.
- Previous Consulting or Big 4 experience preferred.
- Experience with previous cloud migrations is a plus.
- Depth of experience and knowledge in cloud platform technologies such as Amazon's VPC, Elastic Load balancing, Global Accelerator, Transit Gateway, Security Groups, Identity and Access Management IAM, Route 53, Key Management Service (KMS), PrivateLink Direct Connect, Virtual Private Network, CloudFront and API Gateway.
- Experience with cloud automation and container tools like bash scripting, Ansible, Docker, Chef or Puppet.
- Experience with JSON, Python, XML and ability to write cloud automation scripts desired.
- Certifications such as: AWS Certified Architect, MCSE new role-based certifications (Azure), GCP Cloud Architect, CCSP, CISSP.
- Knowledge of security and privacy-related industry standards and frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001/2, NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, CSA CCM) is a plus.
- Ability to develop compelling proposals for client to clearly articulate the need for information security.
- Knowledge of business process, user provisioning process, and security maintenance processes.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.