DXP -- Phoenix, AZ Operation, designs, engineers and packages rotating equipment for industrial clients.
Responsibilities of the Applications Engineer include, but are not limited to:
The role encompasses supporting the applications engineering department with rotating equipment sizing, pricing and quoting. It involves working closely with both the customers directly and the outside sales force. Refer to further job duties and qualifications below:
- Take incoming calls, emails and faxes from customers and discuss equipment applications, design and configuration of fluid handling systems.
- Make equipment recommendations and prepare quotations.
- Coordinate all project bids encompassing the review of all specifications and bid documents, the design and selection of equipment, the preparation of bid or quote. The pricing structure as established with the sales manager and/or technical sales representative (TSR).
- Assist with the follow-up of all quotes. Communicate with TSR to determine the best course of action.
- Offer all new customers the forms required to set up a new account.
- Enter all sales orders for new equipment into Prophet 21 (P-21) software system.
- Provide technical support to TSR, service shop or customer service / aftermarket parts group.
- Maintain organization of order and project files, monitor status of in-house orders & assist with project related questions.
- Set up and coordinate with accounting all progress payments. Check with accounting to ensure timely payments are received before proceeding to the next stages of the process.
- Generate Bill of Materials for shop fabrication of process equipment skids and work closely with shop personnel throughout the entire project.
- Manage project timelines, work with factory personnel to acquire all appropriate documentation for submittal purposes (if applicable), assemble final manuals, and schedule equipment start-up and training once a project is awarded.
- When deemed necessary, travel with outside sales personnel to visit with customers to discuss potential grass-roots project, as well as, replacement of existing process equipment.
- Partake in applicable equipment training sessions as arranged by Sales Manager or Engineering Manager.
- Log all quotes into ACCESS database and keep the status up-to-date if they become orders.
Qualifications of the Applications Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- 3-10 years applicable fluid handling and other rotating equipment sales
- Knowledge of centrifugal pumps, as well as, mixers, heat exchangers, valves and fabricated pumping systems
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to work from 8am-5pm Mon-Friday
- Ability to work in a office environment
- Well-organized and self-motivated
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Project management experience and team work skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint, Project)
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Epicor Prophet 21
Physical Demand: N/A
Working Conditions: Office environment
Training/Certifications: General knowledge of rotating equipment specializing in pumps, water & waste water processes and solving problems
Shift Time/Overtime: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Education: Bachelor in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location