With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation’s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. As one of the 10 largest insurance brokerage firms in the U.S., Alliant operates through a national network of offices providing property and casualty, workers’ compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to clients nationwide.
More information is available on the company's web site at: www.alliant.com.
Responsible for providing customer service and overall service of assigned customers and/or policies, soliciting of new business on existing accounts and support of Producer-led new business efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies prospective and current client needs through exposure analysis;
- Develops appropriate program design to solve the prospect and client’s needs determined through the exposure/risk analysis;
- Prepares and submits marketing submissions for new and renewal business in coordination with the Producer;
- Prepares insurance summaries and proposals as needed;
- Communicates the request to bind coverage to the insurance carrier and issue or obtain a binder;
- Verifies the accuracy of issues policies, endorsements, etc.;
- Requests policy changes and corrections as needed, and processes the policy endorsements when received;
- Issues insurance certificates, binders & evidences of insurance as needed;
- Prepares insurance summaries and proposals;
- Visits client and prospect as necessary;
- Services accounts and provides claims assistance as needed;
- Completes applications, obtains quotes, and prepares proposals and presentations;
- Binds coverage, prepares binders and delegates certificates;
- Reviews coverage and determines appropriate level of coverage;
- Reviews client accounting history, responds to accounting inquiries, corrects discrepancies and contacts client on receivable collections;
- Manages overall client relationship to maintain high account retention rate;
- Manages renewal process on existing business;
- May include collection of fees, reconciliation and resolution of any outstanding balances within 90 days of invoicing date;
- Complies with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enters and maintains complete and accurate information);
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
4 - 6 years related work experience in the insurance field
Valid insurance license
Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal
Encouraged to complete Career Path requirements as communicated by Supervisor
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent customer service skills, including telephone and listening skills
Excellent organization, attention to detail, and effective time management skills
Advanced planning and prioritization skills
Good problem solving skills
Strong analytical skills
Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork
Ability to maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, colleagues, carriers and other business contacts
Thorough knowledge of personal lines insurance
Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees’ needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
For immediate consideration for this position, please click on the “Submit Resume” button.
Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you are applying for a job and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call our Career Center at 1-877-901-9473 and let us know the nature of your request and contact information.