Zello is the leading instant voice push-to-talk service connecting frontline workers and communities around the world. More than 150 million users and thousands of organizations use Zello to get work done, connect in emergencies, and improve collaboration with live voice communication. Recognized as one of Austin's Best Places to Work, Zello is profitable and growing. Current customers include Bechtel Construction, Honda, Restoration Hardware, Starwood/Marriott, and YRC Freight. To try Zello for free, visit zello.com/try.
As a Solutions Engineer you will have ownership and responsibility for leading the technical presales activities as a partner to our Account Executives. Providing expertise to account teams, prospective customers, existing customers for expansions and partners that support Zello's objectives and mission in a fast-paced and dynamic market. You will be a technology and solutions evangelist responsible for developing winning proof of concepts that prove technical and business value with our Enterprise customers that incorporate both direct and indirect (partner) frontline worker solutions.
In addition to a mastery of Zello's solutions and innovation, you will possess a solid understanding of competitive solutions in the market.
After a successful first three months, you will
- Deliver compelling demonstrations of Zello's solutions for frontline workers
- Understand and effectively communicate the business outcomes enabled by our solution in key vertical industries
- Lead at least one proof of concept engagement with a prospective customer
What you'll do
- Preparation and delivery of sales presentations and application/technical training to customer, prospects, and partners.
- Design and execute proof of concepts in collaboration with an Account Executive to drive the technical win in support of the prospective customers desired business outcomes which will include problem diagnosis and problem solving experience
- Engage with prospective partners to provide technical knowledge and support for their integration of Zello as part of their offering for frontline workers and assist in qualifying their ability to be a successful Zello value added reseller/partner by delivering an excellent solution and customer experience.
- Assist prospects and customers with the installation and deployment of hardware and/or software needed to support a successful customer experience
- Drive a business outcome selling approach by consulting with customers to demonstrate how Zello's Frontline Worker solution can positively impact their business
- Serve as a great teammate by communicating with our product and engineering teams features, functionality and capabilities needed to address current and future customer requirements.
What you'll bring
- 3+ years as a skilled technical pre-sales professional who works in complex selling environments and collaborates closely with and provides solution guidance to multiple customers/partners/sales demonstrated through a track record of leading significant technical wins.
- Technical competence with enterprise IT environments (Networking - LAN/WAN, Mobile Device Management, IoT Hardware, Cloud and Hybrid Cloud Solutions) and with mobile applications of voice/data solutions
- Solid understanding of SaaS, Cloud architectures, SDKs/APIs and Unified Communications
- Strong communication (written and verbal), presentation, listening, collaboration, demonstration and consulting skills
- A high level of accountability and strong organization skills
- Attention to detail, which you will demonstrate by using the word "orange" in your cover letter
- Enthusiastic and happy while helping others, humble
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in an hourly frontline worker role is a plus
- Experience with the reality of working at a startup with a staff of less than 50
- Willingness to travel (35%-50%)
- Preferred skills: Solution Consultant experience with solutions for frontline workers and bilingual with ability to clearly communicate (written and verbal) in Spanish
Zello offers top benefits including 100% employer-paid employee health insurance, dental and vision, a 401(k) with company match and no vesting requirement, stock options, unlimited PTO and sabbatical leave, allowances for technology and personal development, and a bunch of other perks.
Zello is a small group of individuals whose mission is to bring people together using voice. We believe diverse skills, abilities, viewpoints, and backgrounds make for a better product, better problem-solving and a better work environment.