The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for providing premier customer service to all current and potential customers from the point of initial contact through delivery of the product. It is also the responsibility of the Outside Sales Representative to achieve sales and profit goals established by the management team.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a minimum, the following is a basic description of typical duties and responsibilities expected of the Outside Sales Representative. These duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change as the needs of the organization require.
- Increase sales and provide support for current customer base within the territory you are assigned, including key, target, and growth accounts.
- Actively visit and stay in contact with companies within your territory and inquire about their needs.
- Introduce Company capabilities to businesses.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with current and potential customers to ensure annual growth.
- Coordinate with vendors and management for all training necessary to provide services required.
- Inspect defective material in the field and document with Quality and Sales Department.
- Meet daily, weekly, and/or monthly sales goals set by management and provide reports as assigned.
- Provide technical assistance and solutions for customer returns.
- Formulate analysis of sales data to assist in establishing specific account pricing.
- Assist in research, identification, and implementation of new products, customers, and programs to enhance annual profitability.
- Perform follow up on all quotations in a timely manner.
- Work with the Sales Manager to ensure inventory levels are correct.
- Proactively review open orders and advise customers of delivery status changes.
- Contribute positively to the work environment through teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Communicate effectively with other Outside Sales Representatives, Inside Sales, and management.
- Submit expense reports and other department expenses to the Sales Manager for approval in a timely manner.
- Prepare and present various sale status reports to the Sales Manager weekly that includes activity, follow-up, closing, and adherence to targets.
- 401k with Company Match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- High School or better
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well