Store Manager/Sales Manager – Sioux Falls, SD
Are you self-motivated, forward-thinking, and a team player? If you have a passion for the construction and agriculture equipment and are customer-driven, we would love for you to join our team. Our ideal future teammate values great relationships with everyone in the company, is customer-driven, strives for excellence every day, has high levels of integrity and accountability and focuses on safety in everything he/she does. Take the first step toward advancing your career goals by applying for the Sioux Falls Store Manager and Sales Manager position. Butler Machinery is a family owned company that offers fantastic benefits!
Butler Machinery is the authorized Caterpillar dealer for North Dakota and South Dakota with 14 locations in North and South Dakota. Butler Ag Equipment has 4 locations in Nebraska. Butler offers Caterpillar products and services to support the construction and Ag industry and is proud to represent many manufacturers including: FENDT, AGCO, Drago, Challenger, Horsch, Killbros, Balzer and more.
We have a generous pension plan with 10% guaranteed and up to 5% discretionary provided by the company annually once eligibility is met with no minimum required contributions out of your pocket. The company vehicle provided to you can be used for business and personal use. You travel to Butler locations via the company private plan for such things as training, meetings and customer events. This position is also eligible for our Bonus Incentive Plan.
- Works within, and promotes, the vision, mission and values of Butler Machinery.
- Promotes the sale, rental and product support for all Construction and Agricultural products represented by Butler Machinery.
- Manages stores revenue and operating costs in order to provide reasonable profit margins for the company.
- Analyzes monthly financial statements, market share reports and KPI’s; and address variants and deficiencies.
- Reviews customer account balances and assists with collections.
- Assists management team with setting goals and forecasts that are realistic and attainable.
- Provides guidance to store’s management team to include establishing departmental procedures, assisting with problem solving issues and addressing challenges to improve customer satisfaction.
- Effectively partners with the regional Product Support Manager and other Department Heads to ensure consistent application of company-wide policies.
- Directs management of sales personnel, which includes assigning market territories, providing guidance and training, and managing sales funnel to include activities, opportunities and quotes.
- Monitors targeted margins, used trade values, used inventory turns and other sales performance metrics and provides corrective actions when needed.
- Reviews buyer’s and rental orders for accuracy and compliance with company programs.
- Provides for a safe and clean work environment for all associates by promoting BMC safety culture for all associates.
- Ensures all associates have access to and completes safety training and technical job training on a regular basis.
- Assists with industry related trade shows.
- Be an active member in industry related associations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervise sales workforce, department managers and support staff.
- Organizes, communicates, and delegates responsibilities and priorities to subordinates.
- Encourages and monitors career development providing technical training, coaching and expertise as needed.
- Ensures compliance of store employees to performance standards thru coaching, counseling, and conducting performance reviews as needed, but no less than annually.
- Provides regular and timely feedback that recognizes employee performance, motivates employees, and promotes self-development.
- Bachelor's degree in business or industry related field preferred with management experience required or equivalent experience, training and background.
- Leadership training or supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with people
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Accounting and Finance skills
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to coach, counsel and confront
- Equipment/Industry knowledge
- Good computer knowledge with experience in Microsoft Suite
- Sales experience beneficial
As a family business for three generations, Butler Machinery currently employs over 800 associates in 18 locations throughout North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. We've kept this a secret for too long. As a Store and Sales Manager, you will receive some of the very best benefit packages out there. Investing in our employees' health and well-being just makes sense.
- Health Insurance – 3 plan options including 2 High Deductible plans
- Dental Insurance – 2 plan options
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Basic Life/AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance
- AFLAC options - Cancer Insurance/Accidental/Hospitalization/Short Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability Coverage – 60% of salary paid by Butler
- Maternity Benefit
- Holidays – 7 days company paid
- Health Savings Account (with High Deductible Healthcare Plan options) – Employer contribution up to $1000/yr
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(K) Plan
- 10% Annual Retirement Employer Contribution, with Additional 5% Discretionary Employer Contribution
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – including Health Coaching
- SmartDollar – employer paid financial planning program
- Legal Shield/ID Shield products
- Other company-sponsored benefits include uniforms, safety glass allowance, optional Credit Union membership and educational assistance.
- Company Vehicle