HydroPoint is seeking a full-time Business Development Representative to help our customers (and the planet) use water as efficiently as possible.The position is currently a work from home position with the possibility of converting to office-based in Petaluma CA.
The role is ideal for a high-energy, driven professional with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude, and natural sales instincts to join our growing Business Development organization. You will need to position HydroPoint products and services to prospective business clients in key verticals. You will be a highly visible member of the HydroPoint team responsible for generating sales leads, scheduling appointments/demo meetings and pre-qualifying leads generated by marketing the department.
What Is It Like Be Part of the HydroPoint Team?
The management style is open, communicative and we ensure our employees feel respected, listened to, and have an opportunity to learn new things and grow.
In addition, we ensure our employees, and their family members are provided a robust benefit package including 401(k) retirement plan, comprehensive and affordable Health and Welfare Benefits, as well as a company referral program. We offer 10+ company paid holidays per year and our employees receive a little over three weeks of earned vacation time in their first year working with us.
Quality and Customer Service has always been at the forefront of our business whether it is in the work our technicians perform in the field or how we solve technical issues for our clients
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make outbound calls from 50 to 100+ outbound calls daily on assigned accounts and marketing-generated inbound leads
- Schedule meetings with key decision makers interested in learning more about HydroPoint’s products and services
- Record, organize and track progress using Salesforce.com
- Achieve monthly and quarterly quotas
- Personalize outbound contact methods to best meet monthly and quarterly objectives
- Educate organizations of the most up-to-date, fascinating and results-driven Smart Water Management technology
- Team members working from home are required to follow HPDS Work from Home Policy, examples of this policy include adequate internet service, a designated workspace that is quite, ability to attend meetings in a virtual capacity, be available online and by phone for their scheduled workday minus rest periods and lunch breaks. HPDS will supply employee with appropriate office supplies and reimburse employees for reasonable business-related expense.
- Skilled at networking, prospecting for new business, lead generation and funnel management
- Personal drive, energy and enthusiasm to achieve and surpass goals
- Proficient experience with SalesForce a plus
- 2+ years B2B inside sales experience using the phone, email, and social media platforms
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be team focused with strong organizational skills and extremely organized
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong interest in technology and tech business, previous technology experience a plus
- SaaS Sales and/or service experience is a plus
HydroPoint is the leader in smart water management solutions, helping companies to maximize water savings, reduce operating costs, minimize business risks, and achieve sustainability goals. An EPA WaterSense® Partner of the Year, the company combines the latest in IoT technology, data analytics, and automation to optimize irrigation, flow management, and leak detection across an entire site. HydroPoint solutions deliver visibility and control for a broad range of commercial, government, education, and community applications.
We are the kind of organization you can feel proud to work for. Located in the Sonoma County, CA HydroPoint has been helping the world save, and not waste, water for more than 15 years. We found a way to marry our technology acumen with a socially conscious endeavor and our mission is to make the best and most efficient use of our world's most important resource.
HydroPoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.HydroPoint participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.
- LOCAL BAY AREA RESIDENTS ONLY PLEASE.
- NO CURRENT OR FUTURE VISA SPONSORSHIP. REQUIRES LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK FOR ANY U.S. COMPANY WITHOUT CURRENT OR FUTURE RESTRICTION
- HYRDOPOINT IS FOLLOWING LOCAL COUNTY AND STATE ORDIANCES IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
Hydropoint is following local and state issued health safety ordiances associated with Covid19 pandemic.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Petaluma, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19