- You want a career and not just a job
- You want to work for an awesome company where you can make a difference
- You have a positive, can-do attitude
- You are motivated and take initiative
AMR operates recycling facilities in Kansas and Missouri. Our processing capabilities include an automobile shredder, balers, shears, mobile shearing, torch processing, auto crushers, and extensive transportation services. AMR is a proud part of Nucor Corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of The David J Joseph family of companies and has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as good community citizens who are trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
- 12-18 month hands-on training in one Geographic Region
- Will learn and be expected to model our “Safety First” Culture including OSHA and Safety programs
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with accounts to effect best possible service to customers
- Gain a strong understanding of the scrap recycling market through customer visits, time spent in scrap yards and mentor shadowing
- Become an expert in your market place and communicate your market forecast to your team
- Interact with various levels of corporate personnel, customers, vendors/suppliers, and employees to resolve problems, and ensure steady delivery of products purchased or sold
- Hone conflict resolution and relationship management skills
- Remain current with the metal recycling industry by reading publications and participating in trade associations
- The goal of the program is to assume a Buyer role upon completion of the program
- Must be willing to relocate throughout the Geographic Region
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a Business discipline
- Will have exceptional communication skills and the ability to work autonomously and as a member of the team
- Prior sales and/or customer service experience a plus
- Ability to make quick decisions in an ever-changing environment
- Willingness to relocate to any of the locations throughout the assigned region
Advantage Metals Recycling, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation/breastfeeding, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, familial status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, military status, or any other classification, status, or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Advantage Metals Recycling, LLC hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
AMR reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and teammates.
AMR also provides a work environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all teammates and applicants.
E-Verify Information | E-Verify Notice