Today, we are building America’s first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for an innovative and passionate expert in distributed cloud and connectivity solutions to join our team as an Solutions Architect to help tackle some of the hardest challenges facing our industry. We are changing the way the world communicates and changing the definition of network efficiency.
This position is an opportunity for a creative individual to engineer innovative solutions that will propel DISH into the forefront of the next technological revolution using a data-driven approach.
You should have a strong desire to learn new things and continually improve yourself and those around you with a “can do anything” mentality. You live to experiment, test, fail fast, and learn as you go. You take pride in solving complex data problems and don’t settle for “the way it’s always been done” or “good enough.”
Leverage the functionality of our software and data-defined network to devise 0-to-1 solutions
- Identify, research, and quantify high-value technical issues facing our customer base from a cloud and connectivity perspective
- Identify, research, and leverage relevant functional systems/interfaces across a multi-layer cloud-native nationwide network
- Define implementation roadmaps to augment and expose the relevant network functionality
- Work across teams and technologies to conceive and execute POCs as well as define and track success metrics
- Produce and analyze suitable architecture solutions from a variety of technical and business perspectives
- Develop trusted relationships with key technology and functional leaders, stakeholders, as well as expert solution development partners
- Provide technical vision across a wide spectrum of technologies based on your in-depth expertise in specific disciplines and support business stakeholders
Skill, Experience and Requirements
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent
- At least 7 years of full-time experience in tech companies/start-ups in systems engineering roles
- Proven ability to define, engineer, and implement complex cutting-edge technical solutions using a variety of technologies
- Proven ability to translate business needs into system functionality and to identify gaps
- Experience defining and advocating for customer issues/needs
- Clear understanding and ability to articulate solutions in a service-based architecture and microservices framework
- Familiarity with cloud technologies
The ideal candidate will have:
- MS Degree in EE or CS. Phd Degree highly desirable
- Experience as a contributor to CNCF projects
- A wide range of experiences leveraging various technologies, such as Cloud, embedded systems, wireless communications, networking, intelligent automation, etc.
- Deep sector expertise in one or more of the following areas: Media, IoT, Automotive / Aeronautical, Logistics, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Healthcare, Wireless/wireline telecommunications
- In-depth knowledge on mobile networks, especially on EPC/5GC and LTE/5G Radio standards
- Expertise in running applications at scale using container technologies, specifically Docker, Kubernetes, and managed container services like EKS
- Experience leveraging data to inform design and decision-making, employing statistical analysis, data visualization, AI/ML as appropriateFamiliarity with common enterprise IT systems and business processes
- Patience and effective communication
- Inherent drive and desire to learn quickly, continuously ideate and evaluate, adapt to new technologies and concepts, and take the initiative
Compensation: $99,360.00/Yr. - $157,665.00/Yr.