Butterfly Wonderland Retail Inventory Specialist is a dedicated individual who can oversee in achieving in the best way possible the stocking and inventory management, merchandising talent as needed for the success of the retail store – Butterfly Treasures Gift Shop. Fostering a positive teamwork atmosphere, detailed, organized, independent attention to the overall retail product experience.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Friendly, positive attitude with experience in retail sales; preferably entertainment venues with gift store specific items that create memories for the guest purchases.
· An example of being patient, kind, respectful, guest service focused, honest, and committed in interacting with one another as well as guests of all ages.
· Analytically minded assisting the buyer in maintaining and managing inventory controls and records by utilizing an inventory management software system
· A high comfort level of understanding and working with a computer system that generates inventory reporting, creating of merchandise plus, purchase orders, process’ receiving for the retail store.
· Understands and willing to learn the wholesale to retail process and the profit to cost of goods results.
· Assist buyer on levels of replenishing, analyzing inventory from sold, damage, missing inventory, incorrectly marked.
· Open communication with buyer and store manager of any inventory issues relating to large discrepancies in damages or missing inventory.
· Ability to work/create excel reports – import/exporting of department analytics.
· Work closely with staff in maintaining inventory control of levels for reordering, restocking by developing a cycle count program that will produce information of needed inventory to buyer on a bi-monthly reporting by category/vendor.
· Assist on the selling floor with sales when needed for break coverage, vacations.
· Maintain and process all Special-Order product ordering for guests.
· Maintain with retail steam members an order of storage space for back up stock.
· Work a close liaison with Store/Sales Manager on floor coverage.
· Work a close liaison with Store Manager and Store Lead on receiving issues at time of vendor shipment arrivals.
· Work a close liaison with the accounting department on any discrepancies in the receiving process or invoice finalizations, discrepancies.
· Ability to create new vendors, plus, price changes and purchase orders.
· Knowledge in Merchandising and creating stories for visible add on sales; with the knowledge that merchandising is the first step in sales.
· Work with vendor sales representatives as needed for replenishing merchandise with buyer.
· Maintain all vendor catalogs, pricing and floor retail pricing.
· Assist in annual and monthly inventories by developing a system of cycle counts for retail staff to conduct.
· Maintain all web store merchandise by working a close liaison with Digital Marketing Director on selecting merchandise, supplying descriptions, and pricing and maintaining the inventory level for selling.
· All other duties as needed/assigned.
· 2-3 years’ experience in retail inventory, stocking or merchandising, customer service and sales.
· Willing to learn.
· Experience with cash handling, tracking, loss prevention and inventory management systems
· Ability to be creative and assist in the merchandising.
· Must be familiar and able to utilize/learn Word, Office and Excel
· Must lead by example, have strong communication skills and be able to work with the public and company vendors.
PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and/or weekends and holidays.
· Successful completion of all pre-employment screening.
· No history of allergy related to animals or plants, which might interfere with ability to work.
· Employee must be able to occasionally lift, move, carry, push, or pull up to 50lbs.
· Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
· Ability to use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
· Ability to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb stairs, or crawl.
· Required to frequently talk and hear.
· No impairment of sight, smell, hearing, touch, balance, and agility of movement which might interfere with ability to work.
· Must be able to take directional cues directly or indirectly.
· Ability to work in an environment that may be loud at times.
· Ability to work in all weather conditions, including occasional extreme hot or cold, and wet and/or humid conditions.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to communicate and relate well to all ages of general public and with co-workers.
· Ability to perceive and respond to verbal and visual direction, as well as surrounding environment.
· Ability to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays.
· Ability to work as part of a team in a constantly changing environment, as well as individually, with minimum supervision.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- One location