Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We have a unique capability to harmonize the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you share and build on other’s ideas, because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Then come to Microsoft - Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
As workplaces open in many regions around the world, we hear from customers every day that they can’t wait to get back to in-person collaboration. We look forward to finding new ways to help people connect and engage regardless of location and time zone. At Microsoft, we believe that hybrid work is the future of work and that to empower their people to succeed in hybrid work, business leaders will need to reimagine their organizations with a new operating model for people, places, and processes.
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Brings impactful industry insights into customer engagements and helps close deals with customers and coaches and influences others internally on how to do this. Influences Microsoft's strategic direction across various markets. Acts as a thought leader in digital transformation across solution areas to advise customers. Leads a virtual cross-organizational team to drive strategic projects and high impact solution sales deployments that enable digital transformation and deliver business value. May lead partner integration into account/territory planning and customer engagements.
- Leads a team to support the account teams and drive conversations with strategic/high-potential customers. Facilitates stakeholders (e.g., Customer Success team unit, account-aligned team unit, Specialist Team Unit, One Commercial Partner organization) to build pipeline across territories. Sets best practices on social selling and guides others on how to do this, and drives consistency across domains/regions. Applies Microsoft's sales process (MSP) to determine the quality of the opportunity and whether to proceed, and educate the customers on how to best address their needs.
- Coaches their team to collaborate with partners and other internal teams (e.g., Technical Sales Professionals, Global Black Belts). Leads with technical and industry insights on how to grow the strategic customer business.
- Guides their team on communicating with customers to understand their business needs or facilitates customer interactions to assess customer needs. Provides direction/guidance on the development of solutions across regions. Helps the team create vision for the customers and develop plans to drive sales.
- Coaches their team and/or other teams (e.g., account team unit (ATU), specialist team unit (STU)) on identifying and engaging decision makers and stakeholders to expand the relationship with customers/partners. Engages C-Suite decision makers for strategic customers to support teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration. Represents their team internally at Microsoft as they engages other internal stakeholders.
- Leads their team to develop strategies for driving and closing strategic (highly complex, high value) opportunities. Drives the implementation of strategies and the collaboration with the account team to ensure alignment. Leads their team on ways to implement and share close plans (e.g., how to map timeline, engage the customer, get customer buy-in and commitment) to de-risk and drive predictable deal closure.
Scaling and Collaboration
- Guides their team to build a network of partners to cross-sell and up-sell. Leads the team to identify new partners and evaluate partner capabilities. Facilitates the development of partner strategies and ensures execution. Leverages global resources to help connect the partner ecosystems to form new market opportunities.
- Guides their team to apply the orchestration model.. Establishes approach and practices to promote communication and collaboration across functions. Contributes to the development of the orchestration model and drives consistency across territories.
- Supports their team on participating in Microsoft events. Contributes to setting up the events and promoting best practice sharing across subsidiaries.
- Acts as the spokesman for Microsoft at external events. Provides expertise to customers/partners and shares knowledge on a specific platform or market.
- Coaches their team on business and market knowledge. Develops strategies to position Microsoft products, solutions, and/or services against competitors. Initiates discussions to share industry trends and insights across the organization.competitors. Acts as a thought leader to help their team connect Microsoft solutions to customer business impact.
- Builds and transforms new markets by leveraging technical and industry expertise, partners, and resources. Leads a team to explore business and emerging opportunities to optimize the portfolio and facilitate customer innovation.
- Lays out customer satisfaction long-term strategies. Proactively promotes development of deep and influential relationships with client contacts. Guides their team on ensuring customer/partner satisfaction and facilitates the resolution of sales/delivery issues for strategic accounts. Establishes standards for customer/partner experiences.
- Participates in regular strategic planning for their assigned territory. Review plans via Rhythm of Business (ROB) meetings and aligns the plans of their team across departments. Guides team to align their approach with sales excellence team. Engages with external executives to bring a more strategic perspective into the planning portion of account planning.
- Guides their team in whitespace analysis and supports the team to identify potential business in the assigned territory. Develops and aligns the analysis approach across the organization. Acts as a thought leader and clears opinions and perspectives from business analysis.
- Oversees the end-to-end business across geographical regions. Ensures their team meet sales targets and operational standards and maintains the health of metrics within the assigned territory. Interacts with Corporate leadership and executive-level stakeholders to get support for their team and the geographical regions.
- Completes required training and obtains relevant product and role certifications aligned to the role and workload/industry. Mentors/coaches the team on growing knowledge on sales or products and ensures the team complete training and obtain certifications as required. Seek additional learning opportunities and prioritize to enhance effectiveness.
- 9+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field AND 8+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 12+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or related field AND 10+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration (i.e., MBA), Information Technology, or related field AND 8+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
- 10+ years of services sales or account management experience.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- 2+ years of manager of managers experience.
Considering a Career with Microsoft Canada? At Microsoft Canada, people are the source of our energy. The people at Microsoft Canada are creative, from all types of backgrounds, bringing passion and new ideas, meeting challenges, and realizing their potential. Our benefits and resources are designed to keep our most important asset - our employees - healthy, happy and equipped with the resources they need to be successful and realize their full potential. Microsoft Canada provides a flexible work environment, with career advancement potential and most importantly, the opportunity to make a difference.
As a Microsoft employee you have the opportunity to participate in the following programs:
- Stock Awards & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Software Purchase Program
- Fitness Membership & Subsidy
- I Volunteer (5 Paid Volunteer Days)
- Employee Assistance Program And so much more…
At Microsoft, we share a passion for technology, customers and our partners. We aspire to be more than just a good company- we aspire to be a great company. What will make us great is our commitment to our mission of enabling people and businesses throughout the world to realize their full potential. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.