WHY WACKER NEUSON
Build your career with a leading global manufacturer of high quality construction equipment and compact construction machines. Enjoy the excitement of working for an organization that serves multiple industries, including construction, landscaping, agriculture, and architecture, as well as municipal bodies in applications such as roadbuilding, rail transport and recycling. At Wacker Neuson, we believe in a culture of mutual respect and agility, built on the values and mindset of a family enterprise. Headquartered in Munich, Germany with our strategically located sales teams and international production sites, Wacker Neuson Group employs more than 5,500 people worldwide. There is plenty of opportunity for you to build your career with Wacker Neuson.
In the US, enjoy casual work attire with jeans all week, flexible and non-traditional work week schedules, health and well-being programs including an onsite gym at our Menomonee Falls location, and many competitive benefits that will get you excited to choose Wacker Neuson as your next employer.
Position Location: Central California
Remote Work: Yes
Agency Engagement: Agencies are not approved to submit
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Sales Manager, your primary role is to implement and execute the company’s strategy to optimize sales growth and develop the distribution channels of the Wacker Neuson full line of equipment in a specific geographical area involving significant travel. Your position is the key point of contact to our customers and responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with dealers and strategic accounts. You will formulate and implement business strategies to develop all pillars of distribution including individual account plans to grow overall sales revenue and market share with contracted, strategic, and retail accounts.
Lead the development and execution of sales business plan.
- Manage and lead the development of all pillars of distribution within their assigned territory to meet their goals and objectives.
- Prospect new distribution across all pillars of distribution to optimize the districts performance as well as balance out portfolio’s market penetration.
- Identify deficiencies in all areas of distribution creating a plan and market campaign to address those deficiencies efficiently using all of the resources available.
- Participate in local and national trade shows.
- Develops a working knowledge of the competition and their ongoing sales strategies.
- Provide financial guidance where needed to assist our distributions position in their market.
- Develop equipment quotes and provide financial programs offered.
- Develops, deploys, and maintains programs (pricing, terms and conditions, non-disclosure agreements, customer incentive/rebate programs).
- Work with product managers and engineering on product development and enhancement (i.e. Voice of Customer).
- Maintains current knowledge on all Wacker Neuson Product lines (taking online training modules, attending classes at the VTC Training center, etc).
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and sales team as needed.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sales Management, Marketing or similar program is required.
- 5+ years of experience in a construction equipment sales role required
- Knowledge of Compact Equipment and its distribution, and knowledge of Light Equipment and its distribution
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required. (Saturday open houses, trade shows)
- Knowledge of Wacker Neuson equipment, its applications and markets are preferred.
- A basic understanding of competitive equipment and competitor’s market tactics is required.
- Strong business acumen in terms of understanding of business concept and marketplace functions of Distribution Dealers, Rental Dealers and End Users in the construction industry.
- Excellent communication skills in the area of communicating well formulated value propositions that competently combines our company strategy aligning our offering with distributions goals both economic and product centric.
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking skills.
- Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Valid Driver’s License