ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our Cybersecurity and Resilience team works to protect and defend the critical functions and missions that are vital to our people, government, and industry.
ICF seeks an Account Manager and Sales Lead to grow and manage cybersecurity, resilience, and adjacent services within our Federal/Civil (Fed/Civ) Portfolio. This position will work across our Fed/Civ portfolio in the development, implementation, and execution of strategic and tactical growth initiatives.
The ideal candidate will identify net new clients, foster and maintain existing client relationships, create demand for the organization’s products and services by raising our profile with potential customers, and identify and close new sales opportunities.
Primary responsibilities include successful program transition and delivery, customer engagement and satisfaction, technical expertise in digital ways of working, and building and sustaining a cadre of key digital transformation, cybersecurity, and resilience talent. The successful candidate will identify, develop, and close new sales opportunities by working closely with leaders from across the Portfolio, Line of Business, Division and Public Sector Group, subject matter experts, and external partners to foster a “one ICF” solution for current and future customers. You will collaborate with technical domain practice leaders, solution architects, business development, and growth teams to create highly innovative and differentiated solutions. You will act as the sales leader on key large sales pursuits by leveraging knowledge of business, market financials, disruptive technology products and services, and digital practices.
The ideal candidate will be in the Washington DC Metro area, but consideration may be given to other locations for highly qualified candidates. Routine travel to client sites, ICF offices, and conferences in the Washington DC Metro area will be required.
Critical duties include:
- Provide critical access to senior level leaders in Fed-Civ agencies (particularly DHS and its subagencies) to fully understand their current and upcoming needs. Translate evolving Federal agency requirements, operations, and programs into new ICF engagements and relationships and demonstrate to clients how ICF can resolve their most challenging problems.
- Play a key role in capture, bid, and proposal processes and demonstrate deep understanding of federal contracting requirements including ability to influence acquisition strategies. This includes potential serving as bid Program Manager (PM) on several large deals ($50M+ total contract value) in the portfolio pipeline.
- Support the achievement and sustainment of a $50M+/year profit and loss (P&L) center in the Fed-Civ Cybersecurity Services and Solutions portfolio. Opportunities will focus on DHS and its subagencies, but may span across other federal agencies including DOE, HHS, and others.
- Oversee delivery of contract requirements, ensure effective program and excellence in project quality review processes, and drive a customer satisfaction culture.
- Support organizational capability and practice development by providing subject matter expertise on cybersecurity, digital transformation and practices, and resilience.
- Foster high levels of employee engagement, identify emerging leaders and other top talent, support career development of team members, and bolster organizational resilience.
- Assist in driving improvements in program performance and refine and document processes to ensure disciplined, measurable results against revenue targets.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years’ experience leading accounts, portfolios, programs and/or projects with federal agencies with demonstrated success building work in a professional services / consulting setting.
- 5+ years successfully managing the capture, bid and proposal processes often supporting multiple efforts simultaneously.
- 5+ years’ experience with presenting and communicating to teams, executives, and clients
- 5+ years’ experience with common and emerging technologies and tools in cybersecurity, analytics, resilience, and digital transformation
- Currently possess or ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. government Top Secret Security clearance with DHS suitability.
What we’d like you to have:
- MBA or MS desired.
- Expertise and skill in agile leadership and management of modern digital technologies and practices
- Ability to drive the identification and implementation of security, resilience, and digital transformation solutions
- Capacity to build strong relationships with technology vendors and develop beneficial partnerships
- Strong business and financial acumen; linking operational strategy to overall business strategy; focused on actions and outcomes.
- Ability to demonstrate a personal network across the industry.
- Be a self-starter and successfully operate in a fast-paced consulting environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications and CRM tools (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Teams and Dynamics).
Working at ICFWorking at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy .
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email [email protected] and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement .