Growing progressive robotic welding equipment supplier is seeking an experienced Robotic Field Service Technician for our Tipp City, Ohio office. Must be experienced in robotics and welding applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide customers with technical support in the following areas: installation and startup, preventive and corrective maintenance, application support, system modifications, and telephone support.
1. Perform emergency corrective maintenance in the field utilizing in-depth troubleshooting of a wide variety of robot models and peripheral equipment.
2. Provide in-depth troubleshooting via phone with customers in the field.
3. Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on customer product on-site & in-house.
4. Adhere to safety standards in the field and at customer locations.
5. Accurately and in a timely manner complete all paperwork associated with trips and in-house repairs.
6. Inform Regional Sales Managers (RSM) of service related issues in their area and coordinate any sales leads with the appropriate RSM.
7. Provide technical support to other Field Service Technicians in the field.
8. Provide technical support to all distributors.
9. Assist customers via phone and in the field on application and process related issues.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide support to Customer Service Department (CS) regarding identification of repair parts issues for customer spare parts orders.
2. Perform in-house and on-site demo to customers.
3. Assist Training Department as necessary with in-house and on-site training for both standard and non-standard training courses.
4. Assist customers with modifications/retrofits of equipment to existing systems.
5. Work closely with sales and assist with all RSM sales calls as requested.
6. Provide courtesy visits to customers in geographic area.
7. Initiate service contract sales with customer.
Knowledge of: welding, robotics, computers, electronics, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
- Read and understand mechanical, electrical/electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic drawings, schematics, and diagrams.
- Apply technical skills in an effective manner.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work effectively with little or no supervision.
- Overnight travel upon request (25% to 40% of time).
Skill / Experience in: Will be fully trained on all current and past robot and controller types.
Education : An Associates Degree in a technical field or equivalent is required plus three to five years experience in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Company offers competitive salary, bonus opportunity, excellent benefits and great work environment!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $31.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Robotic Repair: 3 years (Preferred)
- Welding: 3 years (Preferred)
- On the road