Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a Solution Strategist (with technical architecture skills) to join our New Markets and Partner Strategy team, where you will research opportunities, prioritize, define and build and launch solutions that represent our best thinking on how customers can benefit from the combination of Splunk and data from other products and services. Working in conjunction with both strategic partners and new prospective partners, you will envision, craft, build and promote the application of Splunk products. You will work closely with our business development owners to identify and align Splunk’s capabilities to craft and drive valuable customer outcomes when partner ISV and Splunk products, services and solutions are combined. Candidates should demonstrate the ability to think strategically about the performance, reliability and security needs of customers using cloud technologies to build their digital infrastructure and possess hands-on technical experience building scalable, secure and compliant solutions.
The responsibilities for this role include: voicing support for Splunk products, providing technical product expertise; supporting, staffing and speaking at partner events; providing presentations at the C-level; delivering ongoing communication of the latest Splunk capabilities and partner enablement; building groundbreaking prototypes to support our joint initiatives and build cloud-optimized architectures. You will need to be, or quickly become, a Splunk expert. You will be comfortable white boarding software architectures with a room full of engineers, as briefing an executive audience.
You will innovate within and across internal teams to develop new use cases, value propositions, tools, technical content and engagement programs that scale and evolve the Splunk selling and adoption motion. In addition, you will:
- Engage with customers, develop insights into what is possible, and uncover unarticulated customer needs to drive customer success
- Define content capabilities, user stories, mockups, and acceptance criteria in collaboration with other team members.
- Build compelling and high impact content that can be consumed by many outstanding customers using existing Splunk APIs and interfaces. Identify priorities based on a researched understanding of customer needs, partner interest & market trends.
- Create technical documentation, reference architecture and supporting technical content.
- Understand and internalize partner product architectures. Determine where Splunk products can have the most impact.
- Assist in the creation of technical integrations with ISVs and other key technology vendors to deliver solution content.
- Assist in developing and delivering training to the Splunk and partner technical sales force.
- Promote the Splunk solution portfolio internally with our field organization and with customers, prospects, and partners.
- Help Splunk extend its brand and value proposition through social media, conference presentations and blogs.
- 10+ years relevant Sales Engineering or Solution Consulting experience, building, delivering and selling cloud service products to IT organizations and C-level officers
- Expertise or understanding of multiple technical domains: Cloud infrastructure and services, Security, DevOps, Analytics and Application Management
- Hands on Splunk experience or similar technology a plus
- Understanding of architectural principles for cloud-based platforms including SaaS PaaS, multi-tenancy and automation.
- Product and/or Project Management experience is preferred
- Committed Curiosity - with a desire to question, research, learn and grow (on repeat)
- Forward-thinking learning - ability to quickly grasp the essence of new issues and concepts
- Collaboration - work across teams in a highly matrixed organization
- Bias for action -address new opportunities and challenges, set, communicate, lead, and meet results-oriented achievements and deadlines
- Should be available to travel to visit your accounts, up to 30% of the time (including international travel, so must have a valid passport!)
- BS in Computer Science or similar degree, MS/MBA degree preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).