The Branch Manager I has the responsibility for leading and coaching the branch team as well as overseeing the administration and coordination of sales and service activities of their assigned branch. Other responsibilities include ensuring the compliance of operational and security procedures of the assigned branch as well as being accountable for the branch’s overall profitability by actively managing fee income and branch losses.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Tracks progress toward branch loan and deposit goals and initiates directives to accomplish these objectives.
- Develops branch projections and expectations in strategic planning to include sales goals.
- Provides leadership in all areas by setting an example for the staff to follow. Personifies good customer relations and effective selling and cross-selling in contacts with customers. Exemplifies through actions and attitude the expectation of all staff members.
- Supervises staff members in their daily performance of assigned tasks, which impacts decisions on personnel regarding employment, performance ratings, promotions, salary, transfers, and termination.
- Assists each staff member in setting goals, clearly explaining what is expected of each person and effectively coaching each staff member to achieve success.
- Directs the hiring, training and retraining of branch staff members. This includes operations and product knowledge, as well as customer relations and development and sales.
- Conducts regular meetings with staff to discuss sales and campaigns, products and services, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Responsible for the branch’s security procedures and understands the functions and operations of the security devices, which are critical in protecting the facility against criminal and fraudulent activity.
- Understands and complies with branch audit procedures by utilizing Regional Operations Specialist visits semi-annually.
- Serves customers quickly, accurately, efficiently, and confidentially according to South State Bank Standards. Make appropriate recommendations based on information provided by customer. Shows sincere appreciation for customer’s time and business, and gives business card
- Processes all loan applications (within lending authority) and paperwork, extending credit to qualified individuals and businesses through various installment, commercial, and real estate products. Assists in collections of delinquent loans.
- Manages loan and deposit exceptions within the expectation of South State Bank both individually and for the branch
- Opens new deposit accounts and understands the financial services offered by the bank. This includes knowing features and benefits, rules and regulations, pricing, and a simple definition of each service. Also handles other services such as stop payments, wire transfers, and other maintenance functions within assigned limits.
- Resolves customer problems and complaints with courtesy and discretion. Explaining policies and procedures as necessary. Considers customer problems and complaints as opportunities to satisfy the customer and promote additional services.
- Actively participates in business development activities within the community to promote, enhance, and retain present and prospective client relationships.
- Explains bank objectives, policies, and programs to employees and directs their implementation.
- Monitors branch resources and assets and submits requests as necessary for the branch to efficiently and effectively serve its customers.
- Knows and ensures compliance to all banking regulations to include Regulation CC and Bank Secrecy Act.
- Presents a neat, professional personal appearance and maintains an orderly, attractive work area.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity, and values
- High level of energy, passion, and commitment to excellence
- Strong problem-solving skills, including creativity and innovative thinking
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly professional with strong interpersonal skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Education: High School Diploma, BA Degree and/or 2 years in Banking.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience or more of prior banking which may include lending experience, previous management/supervisory experience, strong organizational skills, proven leadership experience, strong PC skills, ability to analyze and solve problems
- Knowledge: Excellent leadership and communication skills, planning and organizational skills, good decision making skills, excellent writing skills, training and oral presentation skills, customer service orientation, initiative
- New Employee Orientation
- Branch Manager, Financial Sales Representative, Relationship Skills, Consumer Lending, Leadership
- Annual Regulatory Compliance training
- Additional training may be required dependent upon experience.
This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be willing to travel for meetings and classes, must be able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports.
This position does not require travel.
To be eligible to apply for an open position, a team member should:
Have completed a minimum of one (1) year of continuous employment in their present position. (Team members who have advanced in the same job through a career progression at the same branch i.e. Teller I promoted to Teller II or a Customer Care Rep I promoted to Customer Care Rep II, for job posting purposes, will be considered as having continuous employment in their present position.)
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the positions
- Not be on probation or on a final written warning
- Not have another posting application submitted
- Be employed as a full time or part time employee
Interested internal candidates are required to notify their supervisor prior to applying for an open position.